Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: No bleed !  (Read 4421 times)

dazned

No bleed !
« on: June 08, 2015, 08:13:34 AM »

I have taken 1mg estrogen only for 10 weeks ,then 12 days utrogestan vaginally with the estrogen,stopped the utrogeston last Wednesday still no bleed! Surely after 10 weeks of estrogen there should be something to shed ? Could this mean I haven't absorbed the utrogeston properly ? Or is the estrogen not getting through ? Or what be happening ?  :-\

Any ideas ladies please ?

Grumpymum

Re: No bleed !
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 08:46:20 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that Dazned and I'd be interested to know if anyone has any ideas. I have estradot patches with 12 days of Utrogestan but orally, and didn't bleed at all first cycle and then only small bit of old blood second cycle so the doctor is referring me for a scan (partly as I've been having mild pain down there). I've wondered if I haven't been absorbing the Utrogestan sufficiently too. Hope someone knowledgeable comes along with some thoughts.

dazned

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 09:05:13 AM »

Anyone ?? :-\

Galadriel

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 10:18:24 AM »

Hi Dazned,
I've been on 25mcg Estradot and 10mg MPA tablets (monthly) since the beginning of February. I had two withdrawal bleeds when I expected them and none for the past two cycles. If you look in the menu section > Treatments > HRT Preps > For Perimenopause it says these preps cause a withdrawal bleed in 85% of women, meaning that 15% do not get one. I never had a period on the mirena coil either. It could be that you and I are one of the 15%.

If you are worried at all, you should speak to your GP/Nurse Practitioner/Pharmacist.

Personally, I'm not worried. I had a TV scan last year for something else and the doc remarked about how thin my lining was - I wasn't surprised as I've have an ablation, so there's not much lining to stimulate.

Galadriel x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 11:08:50 AM »

Hi dazned

Sorry you're feeling worried. I think you're fine. Not everyone always gets a withdrawl bleed. I have only had one withdrawl bleed so far, whilst using Estradot 25mg and 12 days of Utro. It was very light indeed. More sort of heavy spotting than a proper bleed.

This month I have been on the Estradot 50mg patch and am 5 days into Utro so not sure if I will have a heavier bleed this time?

dazned

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 07:30:09 PM »

Guess I assumed the 1 mg estrogen would definitely cause some sort of build up that needed to be shed,obviously this isn't the case.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 07:58:09 AM »

I did 6 weeks of oestrogen and 14 days of Utrogestan and the first month I didn't bleed much at all but my bleeds since have been very heavy. DG x

dazned

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 06:50:41 PM »

Thanks for all your comments ladies .
Today I have seen a slight show not a proper bleed really ,I suppose because of the length of time on estrogen I expected it to be more heavier. I wonder why there's not been more build up ?

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 07:11:05 PM »

Galadriel - you are on a very low dose of oestrogen so less surprising you are in the 15 % that do not get a bleed. However dazned is on a longer cycle so these statistics do not apply - they will refer to women on monthly cycles!

I agree dazned I am surprised too - but if you are post-meno (I think you are?) and have been without oestrogen for some time your endometrium ( womb-lining) could be very thin (atrophic is the term used) so may take some time to build up. As Dancinggirl says she was in a similar situation and didn't bleed much at first, so you may well be the same. Once the lining has built up to normal thickness, the oestrogen will stimulate it to grow further and then no doubt you will shed it on future cycles.

Also your dose of oestrogen is also quite low so it is probably building up only slowly - and depending on how well you absorb it from the tablets.

The main point is if you are taking that much progresterone vaginally (provided you put it in far enough?) - rest assured that it would work because it goes straight to the uterus where it is absorbed directly. Make the most of this lack of bleeding - it's a right pain when you are in your 60's I tell you!

Hurdity x

dazned

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 07:19:56 PM »

Thanks Hurdity yes Iam post meno but have been on another type of HRT before this but as you say maybe because it's tablet form estrogen not much is left after passing through stomach liver etc. Definitely the utrogeston is getting in far enough as I have the vaginal capsules 200mg that come with this applicator for each one ,a bit like a long syringe  ;) I was only concerned that something was amiss not that I wanted a heavy bleed.

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 07:48:50 PM »

Ooh how come you get an applicator? I just get a blister caspule and poke it up!

Hurdity  x

dazned

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 08:30:03 PM »

I don't know just that's how they came from the pharmacy. A small pack with the caps. And a bigger pack with the applicators in but the two packs were were in one sort of cellophane wrapper.