Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Nuvelle continuous and still getting a period.  (Read 3812 times)

Tarley

Nuvelle continuous and still getting a period.
« on: May 27, 2015, 05:59:29 PM »

I'm on my third month of Nuvelle continuous and here I go again with another bleed, it's the third type of HRT the doc has tried me on, the last had awful sweats or drenches as I called them.
My mood has been appalling, I have been put on Prozac which I don't feel has been a huge amount of help. My brain seems to be on a go slow, I am literally not capable of the simplest of tasks and I have to check myself. It's coming up to two years of fumbling through this HRT nightmare. I am 48 and the last two years feel like I spent them wrapped in a duvet.
What worries me is, if I stop HRT how much worse will I feel ?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Nuvelle continuous and still getting a period.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 09:35:24 PM »

:welcomemm:  it really can be Trial and Error trying to find something that even half works!  Have a browse of menus, top of screen.  Prozac made me wild - so angry I could have bitten the heads of whippets …….. (other animals were available)  ::) I had intense rages on it.

Some ADs have been found to ease hot flushes and anxiety. We have threads on brain fog somewhere …… have a read through!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 09:03:26 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM Tarley
We're here to help.  REad through all the inof on this site - there is some great stuff.  GEt back to us with questions.  Do tell us which HRts you have tried. DG x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 07:28:46 PM »

Hi Tarley. Some women (me included) do have bleeding on continuous HRT. It should settle down within six months. Mine didn't so I opted to go back onto sequi HRT as at least I then knew when to expect a bleed.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Tarley

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 10:36:09 PM »

Thank you all so much for your replies, it is trial and error, mostly error 😆 and you are quite right with the anger comment with Prozac !!
I was on Citalopram but was taken off it for the Prozac, now I'm climbing the walls with anxiety but at least I'm happy about it 😂😂😂