Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How do you feel during ovulation?  (Read 5485 times)

How do you feel during ovulation?
« on: May 24, 2015, 08:46:48 AM »

I'm on day 10 of my cycle. Last time my period arrived on day 26 so I guess I should be ovulating (if I do) within the next couple of days. Since yesterday I literally feel like crap again... :( My stomach acted up with diarreha last night, and I had some weird to-the-right-side-of-my-navel twinges/cramps/pinches that I couldn't figure out if it came from my bowels or something else. This set off a TON of anxiety. I staye up late watching the eurovision, and ended up with about 3 hours of solid sleep. Not good. Today my mood is sooooo low, and I've already been i tears 2-3 times. Anyone else who can relate? Please tell me how you feel when you ovulate - it would be great to hear if anyone has similar experiences!

(I will be calling the private gyno back to set up an appointment to talk about if there are any good options for me to let me feel better. I did not feel comfortable with the other gyno who prescribed estrogen without really checking on my family history, my blood pressure (I had to ask him to check it), or anything else.)

Re: How do you feel during ovulation?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 11:43:54 AM »

Noone who wants to share :( ?

jedigirl

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 11:52:35 AM »

Hi lovely
Am also roughly day 12 in cycle and feeling pretty awful. Like you teary, also nauseous and disorientated. Have had those pains too, not this time, but had them,guess its an ovary twinge. Also had pain in my lower back and awful tummy problems. I'm having a slight bleed now too, totally at the wrong time, think my hormones are very confused.
I always have the runs when my progesterone levels peak. I think progesterone sedates muscles affecting your stomach and bowels.
Be kind to yourself, it will pass.
Hugs xx

Chocolatechaos

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 11:56:17 AM »

I used to get ovulation pain in my teens. With onset of menopause I have had some really bad abdo pains which doubled me up (like labour pains) to the point hubs wanted to call an ambulance which I declined. My periods were very sporadic so I had a scan to check all was ok which it was. The consultant suggested that the abdo pain was most likely a dud egg which hadn't released properly as the membrane encapsulating it gets thicker in perimeno so therefore it ruptures which may bleed a little. Since I have been on HRT and my cycles are regulated more I have had no more abdo pains (in the last 6 months). You may need a scan just to check if all is ok which will alleviate the health anxiety.

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 12:01:19 PM »

Thank you jedigirl!

Chocolatechaos: I had a transvaginal ultrasound done in March. The gyno said then that everything looked fine. But I guess that cysts, for instance, could have formed since then?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 06:22:15 PM »

Since this peri nightmare began over a year ago I have generally felt at my best when I ovulate. Some months I feel so great that it's almost liked being stoned. I feel incredibly chilled and relaxed. I look forward to it.

But once or twice I have also felt very low when I should be ovulating, and I wonder if this was an anuovulatory (sp?) cycle where you don't actually ovulate because your hormones aren't strong enough to peak properly. When this has happened I have felt truly dreadful to the point of tears, and my anxiety has been much worse.