Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: neck and back pain  (Read 13231 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: neck and back pain
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 03:33:45 PM »

polymyagia neuratica and frozen shoulder are 'common' during The Change

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 05:07:05 PM »

In my case it didn't just go away, it stayed around, uninvited, until I got my spine adjusted and straightened as everything was compensating for everything else and nothing could function as it should.

My neck and back hurt this afternoon after scrubbing the bathroom floor on hands and knees this morning.  I had been asking husband to help me by doing the floor for week but he clearly has far more important things to do.  Hey ho, if you want something doing it's best to do it yourself even if it does end up hurting  ::)

I couldn't do any proper floor cleaning for months after my op last year and although my family were good at doing stuff they'd never had to do before they didn't see the point of cleaning the floors. I found out that nobody died and it didn't really matter. If it hurts you and he wont help then don't do it. Life's too short to put your health at risk just to get a clean floor..

Think it's polymyalgia rhematica CLKD  ;D

Taz x

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2015, 09:00:18 PM »

Well I'm wishing I hadn't looked that one up !  :o

http://www.niams.nih.gov/health_info/polymyalgia/#poly2

Annie

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2015, 09:08:09 PM »

I'm sure that's what I writ  ;D - predictive text?

momo49

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2015, 10:17:31 AM »

Hi Ladies,

I recently had an hysterectomy last June 2014 and had everything removed so i have crashed into menopause, i am 44yrs the doctor put me on HRT elleste solo tablets which was ok they got rid of the hot flushes which was what i found the most troubling but then i heard about how its dangerous for you so i panicked and stoppped taking them obviously the flushes came back and i started feeling very low and i started to feel so achy i felt like a 90 yr old every joint hurt especially my hip joints so i researched and found that hrt patches were apparently better for you so i have now started the patches elleste solo mx 40 im still getting the odd hot flush but the pains in my hips are unbearable i am not sleeping because as soon as i am led in a position for a while the pain are like throbbing burning from my hips down my legs and then i have to try and move into another position. Has anybody else had these symptoms? Im wondering if i haven't given the patches enough time to get into my system, I am im only 44 and i feel so old i cant cope with these pains like this for the rest of my life, has anyone got any advice please?

Many Thanks

Mo

babyjane

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2015, 02:27:53 PM »

I found out that nobody died and it didn't really matter.   Life's too short to put your health at risk just to get a clean floor..
Taz x

:thankyou:

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2015, 09:23:46 PM »

Momo - welcome and give the HRT time to work!  If it was 'that' dangerous it wouldn't be prescribed  ::).   I get deep, intense pains in my thighs at night: took me 12 months to realise that it is due to leaning over jewellery cabinets at antique fairs  ::) and now that I am aware of my posture, the pain is less.  But it makes me scream so suddenly that no sound comes out (fortunately).

As for joint pains, Annie - this is different to a bone density test.  Joints get normal wear and tear because we evolved walking upright  ::) and they can grate as the gap between joints wears down.  Nurofen should help! or a joint replacement.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2015, 09:25:10 PM »

I'm also going to say again that DO NOT allow anyone to do manipulation without having up-2-date X-rays of the areas involved and a manipulation should only be performed under a full anaesthetic.  Any resistance from the patient can cause paralysis!!!!!

babyjane

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2015, 01:53:42 PM »

I have to disagree with you there.  Considering the number of people who turn to osteopathy and chiropractic - myself, my son and my daughter to name three - there would be an awful lot of paralysed people and a lot of lawsuits if this was the case.

A qualified chiropractor/osteopath is not a quack and they undergo rigorous ongoing training.  I have been having chiropractic for over 10 years now and without it I would not have the mobility I have.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2015, 02:01:24 PM »

I never suggested that they are 'quacks'.  As an ex-orthopaedic secretary though, I have seen patients who did not benefit from manipulation even under GA.  A good practitioner will always have sight of recent X-rays of the affected area ……. as a person with a congenital deformity may well be badly affected as these deformities are only seen on film.

Of course we won't 'hear' of the various Law Suites ……. unless, like me, you have spent hours typing Medical Legal Reports.

Briony

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2015, 10:08:59 PM »

My story's similar to Sparkle's. Had excruciating back/shoulder pain, then tingling, for months. MRIs revealed nothing so was sent to a neurologist to assess for MS. GP had already found my Vit D was deficient, but neurologist said this was a red herring. (By coincidence, he'd done lots of research into Vit D within his MS work). Certainly, the supplement I was prescribed made no difference to my symptoms though I was still glad I tried.

Won't bore you with the rest, but two years later was eventually found to be estrogen deficient. Now on Qlaira and symptoms much, much better (though not totally gone). Migraines have eased too. Consultant thinks it's water retention that was niggling nerves which caused my pain, if that makes sense? It's amazing how so much of our body's functioning is affected by hormones. X

GeordieGirl

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2015, 10:34:33 PM »

I thought my neck and upper back pain was stress - and I guess it probably didn't help - until I started taking oestrogen, and suddenly it's gone.  I had a short break in my Estrogel for around 4 days and it came back with a vengeance, I was surprised it could react so quickly?  I wasn't any more stressed than usual in this time and the hormone was the only thing I'd changed...

GG x
Pages: 1 [2]