Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: neck and back pain  (Read 13230 times)

jacqui28

neck and back pain
« on: May 06, 2015, 06:59:22 PM »

Hello im 57 had every menopause symptom there is just gone on the patch 3 weeks ago hot sweats have gone yeah  :) but I have terrible neck and back pain is this menopausal who knows , could it be low estrogen? Im going for xray and blood test tomorrow im really worried . Is there anyone else with these symptoms ??  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: neck and back pain
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 07:02:49 PM »

:welcomemm:   yep.  I believe that a drop in oestrogen causes muscle laxity = aches and pains. 

Have a browse round!  Pull-down menus, top of screen; X-ray will confirm any wear and tear (osteo arthritis)

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 07:45:36 PM »

Once this blustery wind goes and the air warms again, get into the  :sunny:

Sarai

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 01:28:03 PM »

I don't buy the logic of vitamin D helping. I was very low at 18, had a silly dose. Long story. Now I am at 97. Mood is no better and all joint and muscle pain still as bad, if not worse. Its a myth in my opinion.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 02:51:54 PM »

VitD helps the body over-all.  So walking in the sunshine can help keep levels 'up', can lift mood and add to over-all health  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 03:39:24 PM »

I guess if GPs didn't think low Vit D had a detrimental effect on health they would not test levels.

I try to get out in the summer as much as I can and feel better for it. The sun just makes me feel more cheerful.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 04:31:07 PM »

Did you get the X-ray?

toffeecushion

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 05:25:39 AM »

I'm another one taking vitamin D for a deficiency.   My main symptom was joint pain so worth getting that checked. 

Anyone else find their hair improved while taking it?

LeeJane

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 08:11:09 AM »

Looking back, neck and back pain was my first meno symptom.  Didn't realise at the time, assumed I had injured myself somehow.

babyjane

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 09:32:52 AM »

I have had neck and back pains to a greater or lesser degree for many years.  My blood tests all check out normal and I go to a chiropractor every 8 weeks which keeps me correctly aligned.  This is very helpful for me.

We just have to find what suits, and works, for us individually I think  :)

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 10:04:20 AM »

I'm having problems with neck and shoulder pain (amongst other joint pains too) but this area is the most painful, I thought I'd slept wrong (Mother's Day weekend) but it's getting worse, left side is sort of grinding when I feel it whereas right side isn't, sure it's muscular too as it keeps feeling like its my lung too

Annie

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 11:42:09 AM »

Mothers Day  :-\ - that's a long time for the pain to last. I would defo get checked out if you've had it for almost 2 months.

I also get neck pain but not back pain and I never know if it's linked to exercise (when I do sit-ups at exercise classes), or how I sleep, or generally hormones (oestrogen not high enough, thyroid, tesosterone?) - it is sometimes linked to migraine in my case eg I wake with neck pain and then develops into migraine. I'm on systemic HRT so not sure why I get these? I have lots of sunshine and take the odd supplement and blood tests have never shown any deficiency in anything in my case (except iron in my first pregnancy).

How did you get on at doc jacqui28?

Hurdity x

Annie0710

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 12:49:24 PM »

Thank you

I think I will see about it, apart from the pain it hurts turning my head ! Feel so old !
Can I moan about my lower back too ? Slipped a disc 5 years ago and although it's ached since then recently it keeps 'going' where it catches me by surprise, went bad again few weeks ago trapping my sciatic nerve, took a week to subside

They did a bone density test amongst other bloods few months ago and said everything was hunky dorey so these pains in joints in particular don't make much sense

Annie

babyjane

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 02:13:49 PM »

In my case it didn't just go away, it stayed around, uninvited, until I got my spine adjusted and straightened as everything was compensating for everything else and nothing could function as it should.

My neck and back hurt this afternoon after scrubbing the bathroom floor on hands and knees this morning.  I had been asking husband to help me by doing the floor for week but he clearly has far more important things to do.  Hey ho, if you want something doing it's best to do it yourself even if it does end up hurting  ::)

Annie0710

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 03:07:57 PM »

Bless you !
Tell him what it's done to you !

Annie
Pages: [1] 2