Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: lump  (Read 5593 times)

clio

lump
« on: May 05, 2015, 07:51:30 PM »

I've just found a lump in the entrance to my vagina! It was irritating me so wanted to scratch and found it. Anyone else had a lump there?

Clio

Winterose

Re: lump
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 07:56:53 PM »

I did once when I was 19 and it was a cyst which popped and never saw another one, but I still recall the fright on finding it,  doctor or nurse will advise,

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 08:05:19 PM »

Yep - I've had a couple which popped.

mazzy

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 08:06:32 PM »

Hi Clio

My Sister found a lump in the same place last year.  It turned out to be something called a Bartholin's  Cyst which was harmless. Would pop along to the GP or Nurse for more advice.

clio

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 08:11:31 PM »

Going to docs tomo, thank you for replies, I've had that many things happen to me in the last 6months whats one more to add to the list!

Clio

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 02:13:37 PM »

Any news?

clio

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 03:22:36 PM »

Sorry not been on for a few weeks, doc had a look and said was  cyst which will go, its still there so how long it wants to stay with me s anyone's guess  :-\

Clio

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 03:52:05 PM »

A hot bath with tea tree oil might be a good idea. Encourage it to go a bit quicker.

Honeybun
X

GeordieGirl

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 10:12:35 PM »

When I became menopausal I suddenly developed breast cysts, I'd never had these before. One was aspirated but I could still feel it.  Since taking progesterone (natural cream, then Utrogestan) these have gone completely  :)

Are you using HRT at all?

GG x

countrybumpkin

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 09:02:26 PM »

Sorry not been on for a few weeks, doc had a look and said was  cyst which will go, its still there so how long it wants to stay with me s anyone's guess  :-\

Clio

I had same thing in peri meno and mine was unchanged for 9 months and then it morphed into an abcess literally overnight.  So keep an eye on it so to speak and if it does suddenly become painful  this is whats happened.

I found that oral antibiotics didn't help but holding warm flannel soaked in tea tree  to it many times a day got it to burst and then I pressed the gunk out :o :o 

Hopefully yours will not morph into an abcess and just go away itself.

It seems to be peri meno symptom as I also had an abcess in my pubic hairs as well a year later!

clio

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 07:56:22 PM »

Yes been on hrt 9 yes, however recently its disappeared, phew  ::)

getting_old

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 01:04:23 AM »

I had two of these last year and the doctor arranged for me to have them removed under local anaesthetic. It was over fairly quickly and took a couple of days for me to start to feel comfortable, then 2 weeks for the stitches to fall out.

Annika

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 01:32:34 AM »

I have also had two of these darn things and invested in Schuesslers Tissue Salt spray (Martin and Pleasance makes them) which i used. I can tell you nothing clears them up faster as it contains silicea, dried them right up. http://www.amazon.com/Silica-Spray-30-Brand-Schuessler-Tissue/dp/B0045PAT84