Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: blocked tear duct  (Read 3098 times)

babyjane

blocked tear duct
« on: May 02, 2015, 11:38:27 AM »

I have a blocked tear duct, it ticks all the boxes on the NHS website.  It is annoying and uncomfortable.  My eye is constantly overflowing and trickling down my nose  :'( and the bag under my eye has developed its own bag where the fluid is collecting  :(

Has anyone else had any experience of this

Hattie

Re: blocked tear duct
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 11:55:03 AM »

i used to have sinus problems a lot and once got a weepy eye - my GP at the time said to bathe it with cold weak tea in an eye bath a few times a day - it did work eventually - i was a bit skeptical but willing to try his method.

you may want to confirm this with someone else before trying yourself though.

Hattie X

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 12:25:34 PM »

Not sure if it's the same thing but I had a blocked gland on an upper eyelid which swelled up and eventually came to a head.

The way of getting rid of this was to apply warm compresses 3 times a day. Also, massage the eyelids, 3 times a day, from inner to outer edges, lightly using index or middle fingers.

It may be a different thing as my eye was very dry but the bag you mention sounds similar.

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 08:50:10 AM »

Thank you, I went to out of hours doc yesterday.  If it doesn't clear itself I have to see my GP after the BH and ask for a referral to the local eye clinic.

I guess it will right itself, I will go to the clinic or learn to live with it.  It is uncomfortable and I can't see properly but I doubt it is life threatening.  Thank you Hattie and Limpy x

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 09:24:48 AM »

BJ is you can't see properly please see your GP and get referred to your local eye clinic. Your optician may be able to refer you as well. When OH had a bleed within an eye his optician was a star and got him referred to the eye clinic straight away.

Hattie

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 11:21:00 AM »

i feel sure something can be done to help it Babyjane and you don't have to live with it - there was a nasty east wind at the beginning of the week do you think that might have caused it ? the wind always used to get to my sinuses.

Take care

Hattie X

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 11:38:04 AM »

I intend to ring my GP surgery on Tuesday after the BH.  The out of hours GP clinic won't do anything unless it is an emergency.

Hattie that's a thought, it started on Tuesday.  :-\

thanks again, I will let you know x