Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: sudden itchy sole of foot, then replaced by pain?!  (Read 19896 times)

oldsheep

Re: sudden itchy sole of foot, then replaced by pain?!
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2015, 11:21:39 AM »

good description of my first 4 years with M.E and the bad days I still have Limpy. I used to be so sporty too, very frustrating and isolating.
However until quite recently it had plateau'd and I was swimming 5km a week in 4 gos. OK, didn't do anything else on the 'swim days' but I loved it.
I'm sure the flare up now (if that's what it is) is due to chronic sleep deficiency and mostly the wrong kind of sleep. Sleep is key in M.E. Is it key in MS too?

Limpy

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2015, 01:57:53 PM »

Decent sleep is essential for MS too.
Silly things like colds really knock me for 6.
Last week I had what I thought were minor sniffles, I thought I was over them and went for a very small swims on the Wednesday & Thursday and felt wiped out. Yesterday, Friday I nearly keeled over when I was in town doing a little bit of food shopping. Luckily the car was close so I was able to sit down.

Like you, I'd been ok recently, but something has kicked me off again.
Might have been after effects / stress from  OHs health issues this year.
Stress doesn't help at all.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2015, 02:31:24 PM »

That sounds like it Limpy - you have been through a lot of 'hidden' stress - feet up, cuppa and Very Good Book?  ;)

Limpy

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2015, 03:48:08 PM »

Just as soon as I've done the evening meal  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2015, 04:29:57 PM »

"I've done ….. "  - no help there then  ::)

Limpy

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2015, 06:07:04 PM »

"I've done ….. "  - no help there then  ::)

If only  ::)

I'd got chicken breasts, covered them with mozzarella and sage leaves, then wrapped them in parma ham. Because the parma ham was a bit lacy and fragile I'd left the chicken breasts whole cos it was easier to sort the parma ham out. OH comes in whimpers and says they're too big how long do we (note the "we") cook them for? Then proceeds to
unravel everything, cut the chicken into smaller pieces, then reassemble.  In his defence he is paranoid about undercooked chicken especially as he is still not feeling "right"

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2015, 06:52:42 PM »

Did you grill them or were they cooked in the oven?  I have a dread of undercooked chicken too  ::) - did you eat yet?

Limpy

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2015, 07:21:51 PM »

Oven  ;)

We've eaten, chicken was definitely cooked all the way thorough  :)

honeybun

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2015, 08:26:30 PM »

Why do some men find it necessary to interfere with the cooking when they know nowt about it.

My hubby just would not dare.....he was told many moons ago unless he was cooking the whole thing to butt out.  ;D

Mind you I'm happy for him to cook when he wants, unfortunately he doesn't want nearly enough.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2015, 09:31:16 PM »

Occasionally I put my oar in …….. when DH is busy at the cooker …….. I get 'the look'  ;D

How's the foot Oldsheep?

oldsheep

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2015, 08:10:06 AM »

foot's fine, touch wood, thanks. Now it's just the aches and pains, fatigue and bit of congestion and sore throat. Just feel mega run down.
I managed to go to the pool for 20 mins yesterday in the sunshine. Didn't swim much, but helped my mood no end.
I have to go out tonight though so resting up today.

Limpy

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2015, 08:48:45 AM »

Glad the foots fine.
20 mins sounds just right for a gentle swim, enough to boost you with out getting wiped out.
Enjoy your trip out tonight.

oldsheep

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2015, 04:26:08 PM »

had a little swim, then found a voicemail from the GPs asking me to collect a urine sample bottle. They aren't allowed to say why. I was waiting for the result of a urine test anyhow (as well as bloods) so now am of course my usual nervy self.
I have got an appointment tomorrow with the GP.
The receptionist told me my "eestreedal" needed an appointment  ::)  I actually asked for the test as you know how hormones can make you feel ill!
I don't actually have an appointment with the meno clinic until next february but I'd rather they handled any dose issues than the GP. I don't know what the policy/reality is on bringing appointments forward at the hospital.

Oh well, am v nervous....why would they repeat urine?! I don't have any symptoms of UTI. Damn anxiety.

CLKD

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2015, 09:15:19 PM »

Someone might have dropped the bottle  ;)

Also, you are certainly able to ring the Consultant's Secretary to get advice about bringing the appt. forwards.  There may be a cancellation that you could take advantage of but if you don't ask, you don't get.  Or maybe the Consutlant could ring you at home  ;)

oldsheep

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2015, 10:29:45 AM »

saw the GP. He said my oestradiol level has spiked to 221+ (should be 201) but he's not worried. It was flagged up by the other GP (who isn't good....).
The urine was his fault as he printed off 2 tests! I was meant to come for a smear test but didn't get the letter.

Anyhow can oestrogen that's a bit high cause the M.E or fibro to flare, and insomnia? I do feel a bit better but nowhere near right yet. Lovely to see the sun though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5