Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Update on implants  (Read 6872 times)

Chi chi

Re: Update on implants
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 06:18:02 PM »

Thanks pepperminty  :love:

I agree he hasn't answered any of my questions  :-\ and don't understand why he suggested starting the Provera in June when I've nearly finished this months??
I wondered if I hadn't given the implants enough time but it's been over a month now, and as I was already having the hormones before in gel form I would of thought it would of kept up the dose? Not like when we first start and are told it could take a few months to kick in  :neutral:
I'm just so unsure what to do? Whether to see someone else or not? I must admit it does get on my nerves that he keeps you waiting for a response when he charges sooo much!

Thanks again  :)

pepperminty

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 07:10:58 PM »

Hi,

I think you should speak to his secretary and if you do not get an adequate response complain. If you find that too stressful perhaps look at finding another doctor . You should be feeling better by now. Keep strong !!

Pmintyxx

lancashirelass

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 09:50:16 PM »

Implants dont work immediately my first took at least 6 weeks to kick in.  You need to get your level tested to see where you are your gp can do this. 

Chi chi

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 10:09:42 PM »

Thanks Lancashirelass, were you on any treatment before your implants? Wow 6 weeks?? I was told 2  ::) it's 5 weeks tomorrow so there's still hope??   :)

I doubt my GP will "ok" blood tests for my hormones as he doesn't really agree with Studd and I think secretly he's a bit put out I went private, glad I did though!

Chi chi

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2015, 02:04:32 PM »

So I sent another email this morning as I'm so confused and don't know what to do next??
This is what I sent

Thank you for replying,

I'm still unclear about my options? It's been 5 weeks since the implants were inserted, I was told that they usually take 2 weeks to start working? How much longer do we continue to give them time to work before questioning if they are effective (for me)? Is it worth having my levels checked to see what they are?
I have already started the Provera on 1 May as instructed at my appointment, you said to take it for 10 days each month so I would have been taking it on the 1 June anyway? Maybe there has been some confusion over my emails to you as my original one was sent a couple of weeks ago.

I would like to know what my options are regarding removal of the implants and any further treatment you recommend.

Thank you and again look forward to your reply.

This was his response

The implants will work.
Take the Provera 5mgs for the first ten days of each calendar month starting 1st May.
There is no need for any thoughts of removal of implants.
I look forward to seeing you in about four or five months for review.

What should I do??  :-\ :'( I still don't feel like he's answering my queries or offering any help or advice  :-\   

pepperminty

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2015, 02:49:15 PM »

Hi,

I suspect that he is in person as his email projects , and when you are feeling low and unwell it isn't easy to cope with. I interpret his reply as saying that you need to give the implants time to work ? One of the ladies replied that hers took at least 6 wks to work. Can you give them a further couple of months and monitor yourself. Has there been any improvement at all so far? If you feel you really can't wait for an improvement , then I suspect that you will either have to go back and ask for removal or go to another Doctor. I think that is probably as far as it goes with reassurance from him. Try not to worry , as stress makes you feel worse . Anxiety is such a horrible thing to cope with.

Pepperminty xx

Chi chi

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2015, 03:13:08 PM »

Thanks again pepperminty,

Yes he is pretty much like that in person! I though it was worth putting up with if he could make me feel better. As I'm currently on my Provera that could possibly be making things slightly worse at the moment? Maybe the implants have just started to work but that is masking things??

I'll try and give things a while to see what happens, hopefully things will improve  :)

pepperminty

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 03:21:29 PM »

Good. I know how you feel, I panicked and nearly stopped taking my HRT recently . But all in all I think it is improving things all be it slowly. Although I am so tired today !!
 He obviously has no beside manner!! Fingers crossed it will all eventually settle in for you. It's hard waiting. Try to do something nice this weekend to take your mind off things.

Pmintyxx

lancashirelass

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 09:28:18 PM »

Estelle would.you consider.moving to nick panay or joan pitkin both london based and they have a good manner ive met both.  Personally wouldnt use provera i use utrogestan which is.bioidentical

Chi chi

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2015, 09:39:55 PM »

Yes! Definitely, without a doubt, I did have a look at Nick Panay's website but haven't  heard of Joan, I'll look her up, thanks  :)
I was originally on utrogestan but he changed me to Provera, don't know why as he doesn't explain things??  ::)

lancashirelass

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 10:22:06 PM »

Thats odd my.chap in.manchester prefers utrogestan

Chi chi

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 01:54:46 PM »

It does seem odd especially as provera is synthetic? He thinks I'm prog intolerant. While I was on utro I did get pretty miserable had the horrible head and tiredness but while on provera I haven't really suffered with the headache or tiredness as much but my mood has been much worse!
Pages: 1 [2]