Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Decisions, decisions!  (Read 7405 times)

Dulciana

Decisions, decisions!
« on: April 17, 2015, 03:09:21 PM »

Does anyone else find it difficult to make decisions these days?  I've just been doing some serious browsing through a clothes website that one of you helpful ladies mentioned somewhere here and really liked a lot of the stuff, but eventually left the site because I just couldn't decide what I wanted.   This is so typical of me at the moment.  Same goes for deciding what to have for tea, what to wear in the mornings, what housework to do, what music to play.  Wondered if this chimed with anyone else?    :-\

Limpy

Re: Decisions, decisions!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 03:41:12 PM »

I was going to say I don't find it difficult to make decisions - can't be, I make lots.
Trouble is this includes many changes of minds about the same issue!
So yes, it's difficult  ::)

Re the clothes thing - bear in mind you can always send them back. Make the final decision once you have seen the garment in question on.

As for the other decisions I find it helps just to select one, and then just get on with it. Otherwise I never make my mind up.

I have been known to drive OH to distraction when I ask what he would like to eat, having given him a selection of things. All goes well till I then say, ooh what about.......  which wasn't on the initial list of things. I now just give 2 options, if that. Makes life much less argumentative.

purplenanny

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 03:47:01 PM »

It doesn't just chime with me, it rings great big clangers!! ;D
Recent decisions for re-upholstery, kitchen taps, lightshades - it's taken months!! Such a great feeling when the choice is made and its right!

I think I fear making a mistake and being stuck with it.

My friend decides on things so speedily, I envy her.

I am choosing stuff for a new bedroom now....being decorated in May so I have to decide quickly....oh help!http://

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 04:06:06 PM »

Oh me too....I used to be able to make snap decisions but not now.....I dither.

Mind you I'm not alone, I think it's a man thing too. I hate going to a DIY store with my hubby. Why....can anyone tell me...does choosing screws take so very long. He hums and haws and changes his mind at least three times before the choice is made.....and don't get me started on crocodile clips  ;D

So, I think it's an age thing and not a meno thing.

Honeybun
X

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 05:34:36 PM »

Oh dear! This is me! Actually, I can make those important, life/death/changing decisions, but..... what shall we have for dinner, what shall I wear?  ;D

Judith57

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 06:15:29 PM »

Me too, it takes me ages to do my Waitrose shopping now as I just can't make up my mind...

Sparkle, I am having exactly the same probem as you regarding my hips and thighs vs my jeans.
I used to go to a place in East London owned by Brix Smith Start (she later started appearing with Gok Wan) and she used to be able to just look at you and bring out the perfect jeans. I used to spend a fortune on designer jeans, Seven for all Mankind, James Jeans, Citizens of Humanity...However designer jeans and my new menopause shape do not make happy bedfellows  :'( I can't even bear the thought of going into a changing room and trying jeans on!

So last week I went to a large branch of M&S and picked out ten pairs of jeans in different styles, sizes and colours and within that haul I have found three pairs that I am keeping, all part of their Limited range. All three pairs together are just over half the price of one of my designer pairs! So tomorrow seven pairs of jeans are going back!

I have three rooms in urgent need of redecoration but don't even get me started on paint charts  :-\

TropicalVon69

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 06:49:47 PM »

Same here lol....have just had my bedroom redecorated and spent weeks dithering about what furniture to pick...white or oak.......I've had my old furniture for years and wanted a lovely new bedroom n comfy bed to cheer me up.gutted, picked oak and obv should have gone for white lol......bloody hormones, Ive always been so decisive....still bedroom done and much better :-)

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 07:12:21 PM »

Sparkle when you find your jeans please tell me so I can get some too.  Mine are looking decidedly stressed these days, think that's the term, and so am I stressed trying to find new ones that fit because the shop I use doesn't make them any more and they were so just right for my funny shape  :(

Just looked at the M & S Limited jeans Judith and they all seem to be skinny ones.  I am decidedly not skinny  :whist:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:14:51 PM by babyjane »

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 08:07:57 PM »

I have a favourite make, style and fit of jeans.

I go on eBay and look for the exact ones I like. Ok they are not quite new but as I am an avid charity shop shopper I just love them.

Anyone else love trawling the charity shops ? Brilliant bargains to be found.

Honeybun
X

Judith57

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 10:00:49 PM »

No BJ the ones I got are not skinny, they are called girlfriend jeans and have white stars on them, I have also got some cropped ones with 'worn out frayed bits' on them. I am DEFINITELY not skinny. Have another look  ;)

Read the reviews of the girlfriend star jeans - mainly glowing reviews but one woman said she had to send them back as they looked like jodhpurs on her - enough said - perfect for me! I have also got the patchwork denim ones.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 08:13:22 AM by Judith57 »

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 10:30:13 PM »

I'm Libran and rubbish at decision making, but so is my OH, we waste so much time on deciding things, like for dinner too

I'm a natural follower, so he has to make decisions
Xx

babyjane

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 02:17:50 PM »

Found them  :thankyou:

Judith57

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 03:08:05 PM »

Glad you found them BJ you won't be disappointed  :)

babyjane

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 03:53:42 PM »

thank you I can always return them if I am not a good shape for them  :)

Judith57

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 04:09:03 PM »

Yes, I kept 3 pairs, the star ones, the patchwork ones and the cropped straight ones with 'frayed bits'. The star ones and the cropped ones are my favourite. Let me know what you think when you get them x
Pages: [1] 2