Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Helmet Head  (Read 3074 times)

Poppyflower

Helmet Head
« on: April 14, 2015, 10:09:01 PM »

Does anyone get a strange feeling on their head? At times it feels as though I am wearing a tight helmet or hat but nothing there. Sort of like a numbness, no pain but sometimes hard to concentrate. Hate this feeling. Do not always have it, but also sometimes comes with a kind of buzzing or humming in my arms/hands. So many weird and strange feelings!!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Helmet Head
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 10:11:22 PM »

Yep.  The top of my head feels 'tight' but I'm used to it now.  The other feeling you describe may be an adrenaline surge?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 10:49:22 PM »

I know what you mean Poppyflower. Mine is caused by wear and tear in the neck vertebra. I have a course of physio (NHS) twice a year which really helps. The arm and hand buzzing is annoying and quite often due to neck problems and the tight feeling around the head can also be part of the same.

Taz x

meno lesley

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 07:42:37 AM »

Hi

Have had this a lot in last few years, comes and goes, have got it at the moment. I get tingling in neck and scalp which I find frightening. Do know exactly what you mean though, I call it my saucepan head!

Lesley x

countrybumpkin

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 11:11:47 AM »

Was about to say same as Taz - its usually caused by old age in the neck ::) ::)
I have severe neck damage and can give you a whole A4 sheet of symptoms in the head/face and your symptom is one I have had in the past.
The strangest one I have is a feeling as if a large insect with clogs on is walking up and down the side of my face or over my scalp :o