Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Virus/flu and imbalances  (Read 1861 times)

Sazduggs

Virus/flu and imbalances
« on: April 06, 2015, 06:21:24 PM »

Hey ladies,

Can being poorly with the flu or a nasty virus make my estrogen fluctuate? I was doing so well then on Wednesday I started to get ill, Friday and Saturday I was bed bound, cough, severe congestion, nausea etc then since Saturday/Sunday I have got a bit better but I feel like some meno symptoms are seaping through- low mood, terrible palpitations, flushes, adrenaline surges, the usual low E symptoms. They are not permanent just waves through out the day

Xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Virus/flu and imbalances
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 07:32:10 PM »

More likely to be lack of food/hydration ………. the body is still fighting the 'bug' so your body will be using energy.  Hope you feel better soon  :tulips:

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 08:42:39 PM »

It's the virus running it's course.  I find it takes 7-10 days to recover from a bad virus these days and even then I'll feel tired and achy for a week or two after that. The symptoms can feel like meno symptoms. 
I've been back on HRT for nearly 5 months now and when I got a nasty virus about 5 weeks ago it was like being without HRT again.  I would describe my meno symptoms without HRT as feeling as though I have a virus all the time - hot flushes and then shivering cold, headaches, aching joints, bouts of nausea and feeling weak and tired a lot of the time.  At least on HRT I know when I'm suffering with a virus. DG x

Sazduggs

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 09:04:01 PM »

Thanks for the replies

You hit the nail on the head dancing girl.... Without/low estrogen I feel like I have a virus hence why I wondered why I feel like this, most bugs I get only last 2-3 days and NEVER send me to bed but this one has knocked me on my arse big time!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 07:25:27 AM »

There are some nasty viruses around at the moment. Give yourself time to recover - the last one I had really knocked me sideways and because I had to keep working I'm taking longer to recover.  DG x