Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: GP doesn't believe me, but does anyone else have this?  (Read 1929 times)

GypsyRoseLee

GP doesn't believe me, but does anyone else have this?
« on: April 05, 2015, 02:22:11 PM »

Have wanted to ask this for a while but realise it might make me sound bonkers.

I 'know' when I am ovulating, and therefore have more than usual amounts of oestrogen in my body, because my skin feels so much smoother and my hair feels much silkier. My nails seem shinier. My eye sight seems to change too. My vision gets softer somehow, like seeing everything through soft focus. Colours seem more vivid. It all feels rather lovely actually  :) These aspects only last a couple of days though.

My GP refuses to believe me and says that as my hair is technically already 'dead' then it's texture can't be changed in just a couple of days. Same with my skin and nails.

Am I the only one?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: GP doesn't believe me, but does anyone else have this?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 02:49:55 PM »

Nope!  My friend's hair used to curl at the ends a few hours before it rained.  Her hair was long enough for her to sit on and we could watch it curling up  :o

Hormones have great power don't we know!  I was never aware when ovulating ……. but I have always been aware of HORMONES  >:(  ::)

Her turn *will* arrive  ;)

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 06:55:20 PM »

Gosh that must have been freaky to watch  :o

When I was a little girl I had very long quite curly hair and my Mum insists she always knew if I was poorly because my hair would lose most of its curl and would go very dull looking.

Logically I don't see how this could be the case. But she insists?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 07:00:18 PM »

Yep.  Atomospheric pressure apparently.  My Paternal grandma could tell if my period was due by looking at me [not something I ever discussed with her as she was 'Victorian'  ;)] and knew if someone was pregnant before they did  :D