Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: really upsetting!!  (Read 7500 times)

clio

really upsetting!!
« on: April 02, 2015, 02:36:41 PM »

I'm really upset. I was driving to see my parents and there was a car in front of me as I was going up the road.  I saw a cat trotting across the road as the car in front was approaching, the cat ran in front and rotten driver in front didn't even break to avoid it. I had to witness this poor cat bouncing about under his car before managing to get out and run off up the road. It was the fact he never tried to avoid it or break.........heartless b********d.

Clio  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: really upsetting!!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 04:02:09 PM »

If the cat was young the bones will be soft so it probably bounced.  Still upsetting though.

Tabbycat

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 04:26:46 PM »

People are scum.

Poor cat - did you see where it went?

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 04:37:01 PM »

I remember seeing a cat crawling 'back' home along the A43 - DH wouldn't stop, said it would be not safe however:  >:( now when we drive along that stretch my heart aches  :'( as it was clearly injured.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:17:51 AM by CLKD »

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 04:42:37 PM »

our son's cat was hit by a car.  He was missing for 2 days.  they came down on the third morning and found him in his bed with his face all smashed and his body torn and with maggots in his wound.  He had crawled home to die, they took him straight to the vet and had him pts.  He was a beautiful animal but cats do wander.  It is the risk of having one as a pet.  His brother missed him at first and then really blossomed as an only cat as his brother had been a bit dominant over him.

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 05:06:47 PM »

Can understand your upset. Had a dog run out in front of me once & it hit front wing. I had to pull over as would caused traffic jam. Daughter jumped out & I caught up. Old lady had let go of her dog, a golden lab & it shot across the road. Nothing I could have done to prevent it. Guy behind me stopped & held up the traffic. I offered to take her home, to vet etc, but she refused. Shook me up though.

Unfortunately cats do run out quite frequently. Hubby used to be in the police & he said there were many hit & run accidents involving cats.

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 09:00:52 PM »

I do agree it's an awful thing to happen and to see, but, and I know I'm probably going to get shot down in flames, if the man I front of you stood on his brakes was there the chance you would have hit him or the car behind hit you.
The highway code is very clear....only take evasive action if it's safe to do so. O often see pheasants going under cars.....why don't they fly....and I would do anything other than hit any animal...but there are occasions where needs must.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 11:25:39 AM »

It's always difficult to make the decision not to brake but if this does happen to me then I always stop just up the road to see what has happened to the animal.

One of mine went missing for three days and the day after I'd leafleted dozens of houses and walked around calling him for three hours (accompanied the whole time by one of my other cats!) he crawled up the path with one of his hind legs totally shattered, the bone sticking right up through his skin. I'll never forget the look on his face as he managed to slowly crawl into his favourite position under the hall radiator, closed his eyes and slept. Leg was amputated. Other wounds slowly healed and now he's the fastest thing on three legs. Cats keep on running unfortunately and then lie down somewhere to die.  I am convinced all the shouting for him managed to give him enough energy to get back here.

Taz x

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 02:46:44 PM »

Taz2 I am so glad yours made a recovery after making all the effort to crawl back home  :).  Sadly our son's cat was too far gone to be saved  :'(

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 03:36:36 PM »

Sorry babyjane - some comfort to know that he was pts and out of his misery I hope - I hate it when they go missing never to be seen again.

This cat is a bit of a numpty to be honest. It was his second road accident in eighteen months. The first time he was found curled up under a bush severely bleeding from a torn off tail - not a pretty sight. He's a real clown though!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 04:53:42 PM »

my 2 ginger kittens were run over on the same stretch of road 9 days apart  :'(

dazned

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 04:57:36 PM »

That's horrible  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 04:59:56 PM »

IT was  :'(  I vowed and declared I would never own pets and it was 2 years before I was able to look at their photos.  Their Mum and Grandad were run over on the same stretch of road during those months too …….

clio

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 08:35:21 PM »

Lots of sad stories! It was just so awful, I never drive too close to the car in front so I wouldn't of gone in to him if he braked. He didn't even pull over to try and if the cat and takge him to vets only down the road. I wished I had followed the guy who turned into a carpark and give him a piece of my mind  >:(

Clio

babyjane

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 04:17:55 PM »

So how many lives has he got left Taz2?  Hope he's careful with them  :)
Pages: [1] 2