Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: From pill to patch  (Read 7379 times)

Annie0710

From pill to patch
« on: April 01, 2015, 07:45:02 AM »

Morning

Last Thursday gp changed my elleste solo 2mg tablet to elleste solo 2mcg patch, it's taken from then until yesterday afternoon to get it right and delivered.  OH was going there twice daily and kept getting fobbed off with everyone blaming each other.  Also, the urine sample I gave them 2 weeks ago (as soon as one uti goes, another comes back) was clear last Thursday she said, yet yesterday I receive a text from Nhs saying there's an infection and anti biotics have been prescribed!  Why is no one noticing this ? I've had about 6 prescriptions for UTIs in the last year and the rest I flush out myself as soon as I can feel it, surely they would look and think this isn't normal?

anyway, I put my patch on early yesterday evening and will just play the waiting game to see if I feel better, although last night I developed a terrible headache, kind of on top of my head and deep under, never had one there before.  I've still got a headache this morning but it's in a more normal place.  Lots of whooshing in my ears though, more than usual.

We are going away on an Easter break Friday with all my family so I'm really hoping I don't go backwards on this meno malarkey, as of yesterday I was confident I could handle some busy days away and the thought of feeling worse is horrible.

To put a positive in my post is that last week I ditched the caffeine and went decaf, and the palpitations have definitely improved, not gone but there's nice beats going on most if the time instead of skipped rushed ones

Xx

peegeetip

Re: From pill to patch
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 08:54:20 AM »

Wooshing in your ears can be an early sign of anemia.

Just worth a check if your at doc's anyway.

Hope you get on well with these new patches. Not sure whether to ask to move to them myself.

:-*

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 09:34:19 AM »

I've been checked for anaemia peegeetip, all clear

Only things that showed up were low oestrogen (been on max dose orally for 16 years) and no progesterone (1 or -1) so it must be meno related

They suggested patch do I get the whole amount
Xx

dazned

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 11:03:38 AM »

Have you thought about discussing local estrogen ,vaginal tissues get thin and lax through lack of estrogens and can cause recurring uti as well as other issues such as vaginal atrophy. Just a thought.

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 12:19:01 PM »

Have you thought about discussing local estrogen ,vaginal tissues get thin and lax through lack of estrogens and can cause recurring uti as well as other issues such as vaginal atrophy. Just a thought.

Hi Dazned

Yes I asked her last week for vagifem and she said I don't need it !
I explained I have UTIs more often than I don't and that things down there aren't like they were a few years ago, she dismissed it again and tried the AD spiel on me again !

I refused the ADs (again).  I think she's left now so I will be seeing another gp next week where I will put my case across stronger than before
Xx

peegeetip

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 12:24:48 PM »

Sorry you had the old AD tango from the doc's.

So many of us get that rubbish.

I'm expecting to be offered them if I go in because I have flu or a sore back, who knows why these days :)

dazned

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 01:12:16 PM »

Well I too dismissed them but alot on here have them and hrt,things got so bad a few weeks ago dispute being very anti the Ads I started them as desperate ad I must admit the anxiety,palps,etc.went almost immediately,so I had to es my words about them  :-X

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 03:43:04 PM »

Hi Annie  - what patches are you on - think you mistakenly put the same type down as the pills! I presume you've either been given Evorel or Estradot but interested to know what dose - 50 mcg 75 mcg or 100 mcg?

Hope your headache goes soon and you begin to feel better - as your oestrogen levels increase. Did you get the actual reading from the docs? Progesterone would be expected to be extremely low if post-menopause or in the first half of menstrual cycle.

Hurdity x

GeordieGirl

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 04:59:23 PM »

I explained I have UTIs more often than I don't and that things down there aren't like they were a few years ago, she dismissed it again and tried the AD spiel on me again !

FFS!! Are ADs really meant to be the panacea to everything? Is she suggesting in some way you're paranoid and just imagining the UTIs? I'm not aware of ADs helping to protect you from them!! 

GG x

Annie0710

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 09:18:20 PM »

Hi Annie  - what patches are you on - think you mistakenly put the same type down as the pills! I presume you've either been given Evorel or Estradot but interested to know what dose - 50 mcg 75 mcg or 100 mcg?

Hope your headache goes soon and you begin to feel better - as your oestrogen levels increase. Did you get the actual reading from the docs? Progesterone would be expected to be extremely low if post-menopause or in the first half of menstrual cycle.

Hurdity x

Hurdity, the box says elleste solo 80 (is it mcg?)
I looked it up and it seems it's the max dose (I've come off elleste solo 2mg)
My headache today is like none other I've had, I've had to lay and sleep then nausea comes and goes.  I've taken so many tablets today and it's barely touching it

I'm so glad I'm not at work today, and the double vision has been bad
Hospital called today, optician sent her referral 2 days ago and they've booked me in for next Thursday, I expected a few months wait for that

My last blood test read either 1 or -1 progesterone, but she didn't tell me oestrogen but said it was low despite having it pill form for 16 years

I've never had hormone problems once puberty had set in properly so am gutted it's hit me like this
Xx

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 09:26:39 PM »

FFS!! Are ADs really meant to be the panacea to everything? Is she suggesting in some way you're paranoid and just imagining the UTIs? I'm not aware of ADs helping to protect you from them!! 

GG x

I've got absolutely nothing against ADs, and I said I don't feel depressed but that I feel down at what these hormones (or lack of) are doing to my body.  She said menopausal women have ups and downs and they're good for that, if the time comes when I feel I need them I will ask

I stopped going with wee samples for UTIs, I seem to flush them out by drinking extra extra bottles of water, but I've been in agony some days where I'm bursting then a smidgen trickles out

This one was picked up just as a routine urine sample
Xx

peegeetip

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 09:44:24 AM »

"Yes I asked her last week for vagifem and she said I don't need it !"
It seems to be your doc is wrong. In menopause this is one of the best ways to help out and clear up your problem as often tablet / patch / gel is not enough. A lot of ladies have posted already on their success on this.

How long have you been on the 2mg Elleste?

With a 1mg tablet it took me 6 months+ to get the "wee" problems sorted out.  :D

Annie0710

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 11:07:39 AM »

"Yes I asked her last week for vagifem and she said I don't need it !"
It seems to be your doc is wrong. In menopause this is one of the best ways to help out and clear up your problem as often tablet / patch / gel is not enough. A lot of ladies have posted already on their success on this.

How long have you been on the 2mg Elleste?

With a 1mg tablet it took me 6 months+ to get the "wee" problems sorted out.  :D

I've been on 2mg for 16 years, following my hysterectomy (ovaries intact but went into fail mode)
I've still got my headache from Tuesday evening, rang doc this morning and he said take the patch off and don't use anything until Tuesday when I resume the pill form and see him next week

So I ring the appointment line, can't get in til April 20 !
This is getting ridiculous, the headache and nausea is horrendous

Xx

Annie0710

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 12:40:07 PM »

GP just called again, he has told me to NOT resume the elleste solo on Tuesday but to stay off it until I have a blood test on 22 April, I asked if I'm going to feel worse off it and he said it can go either way but he wants my natural levels tested

I asked about Vagifem and he's left a prescription at the pharmacy for me

Has any of you lovely ladies come off and how did you feel ?
Xx

dazned

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 12:54:15 PM »

Well at least you got the vagifem so that should start to improve things in that department. Hope you manage to enjoy your trip away. X
Pages: [1] 2