Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Feeling rotten..anxiety again..  (Read 15706 times)

Tealady12

Re: Feeling rotten..anxiety again..
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 07:51:05 AM »

Felt a bit better yesterday eve thanks CLKD, glad to hear you were improving too. Thanks Jedigirl, I don't feel as bad as I did yesterday morning, but stomach still churning a bit and dry mouth but legs less wobbly. Am nibbling the rich teas as I type! Where would we be without the humble rich tea bic?  Hope we all have a better, brighter day today - the sun is out here at least!
Hugs to all of you too xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 08:14:02 AM »

"Wading" is exactly the correct word - for me it's like wading through treacle  >:(

However - have managed a small banana, half a round of toast and my medication.

:bighug:

rebelyell

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 08:35:38 AM »

I woke at 5am to panic attack - started as breathlessness then moved into funny facial creeping feeling, then nausea, etc.  Really pissed off as haven't had one since November but am weaning myself off citalopram - two weeks on half a tablet, now two days on a quarter - so have to accept that might be the reason.  I hate taking them, but this perhaps suggests they worked.

Damn.

jedigirl

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 09:18:30 AM »

Oh i love the evenings for some peaceful respite, the calm that comes is lovely.
Yes Tealady I'm also on the rich tea with a milky hot chocolate, got to get those calories down.
Hugs back CLKD, hope its a better day for you. I used to love my food, it seems like a chore alot of the time now.
rebelyell, maybe you need longer on the half tablet. Don't beat yourself up about needing them, half a tablet isn't much and better you
don't relapse. What helps calm you? Theres a fab meditation app on google play called Qi Gong guided mediation, its free and has some lovely guided meditations. I love the guide round a mountain cabin at midnight with snow all around. I love the cold! Theres a few to chose from. Hope you have time to rest today.
jedigirl  :hug:

rebelyell

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 09:33:19 AM »

Thanks jedigirl - I will try that app and speak to doctor about staying on half a tablet.  Am keeping busy now and working this afternoon, then yoga, then book club.  I find busyiness is the only thing that works for me and hopefully I will then be so tired I sleep easily.

jedigirl

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 10:06:32 AM »

rebelyell
sounds like a great day, enjoy, come back and tell us which book you chat about x
jedigirl

dogdoc

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 11:01:01 AM »

Rebelyell. Wean off ssris slip as you can. Think months!! There is a well know ssri withdrawal response that is truly terrible. I've done it a couple of times and it is awful. Ypu will have a hard time knowing what is causing what as you come off it.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 11:42:50 AM »

It took me 9 weeks of generally weaning of dose - only drugs that GPs have access too.  Once I decided that the withdrawal feelings only lasted 48 each time I accepted that eventually I would get there.  I did!

I've never enjoyed food - would that I could swallow one tablet each 24 hours ………. food is around a lot of my anxiety problems.

Dextrose tablets to hand, DH scoured the local town yesterday to find me some  :-*

rebelyell

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 03:33:22 PM »

Have only been on one 10mg a day since end December - do you think I should go back to half tablet a day for a while or go longer on a quarter?  Doctor said 2 weeks on half then two weeks on a quarter then quarter every other day.  I was fine for two weeks on half - actually better than I was on a whole tablet, I felt normal!  Fine yesterday on a quarter then this morning - wham!

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 03:47:05 PM »

Depends why you were prescribed them?

So far today so good …..

rebelyell

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 08:37:43 PM »

I was given citalopram to stop hot flushes and anxiety - after six months on estrogen only hrt [i have had hysterectomy years ago but kept ovaries] I had several panic attacks and became ridiculously anxious.  The citalopram did stop that but I felt very flat and whilst not unhappy, I did still get anxious [mainly health anxiety] and didn't seem to feel happy, even when happy - if you see what I mean.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 09:34:53 PM »

It's between a rock and a stone sometimes. 

karenja

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2015, 05:58:09 PM »

I think between us we could write a book on anxiety, its tight chest a lot with me, I can feel it now no reason for it, four days off work, lie in the morning I should feel great but its there, evenings are worst, when Im not busy I suppose as work is busy, and first thing in the morning you know when you wake and you think I can feel it coming on already that dread!.

Camomile tea helps very calming and for me rescue remedy, breathing and started b vits.

I have terrible health anxiety too every day I think Im dying of something horrible feeling, also exercise anxiety, I do it but stress afterwards :(.

I find other people don't understand Im often told but there is nothing wrong with you...

babyjane

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2015, 09:25:27 AM »

Hello ladies, another anxiety sufferer here.  6 months ago my hot flushes were replaced by this anxiety thing. I would prefer the flushes to be honest.

Regards the question about why it is worse in the mornings (mine is too) I think cortisol (stress hormone) is higher in the mornings which could account for it.

'wading through treacle' is a phrase I have often used myself, that and 'feeling like my head is in a plastic bag'

I also take a low dose propranolol.  I used to take it when I felt anxious but my GP suggested taking it daily, not waiting to feel horrible.  Things aren't good some days but are generally less up and down that way.

Love these threads, so reassuring

Tealady12

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2015, 01:31:17 PM »

It is so reassuring to know that we aren't alone in this anxiety misery...although it's very sad that so many of us suffer like this and are so often told to just 'pull ourselves together and get on with it...' Hmmmm, yes like that really helps!
Propanolol helps me a bit too when things get really bad and I've been on Escitalopram AD's for about 3 years now. Despite the AD's I still get anxiety and currently it is more or less cyclical ... Think it ties in with when I would be starting a period..? I have mirena for the progesterone part of my HRT so hard to tell where I am really. Have noticed the periods of anxiety now getting closer together as I move through the peri menopause ...it's just awful isn't it? Do I need more oestrogen?  Am I just going to end up constantly anxious..? Mine always worse in the morning too and eases towards evening. I have to break the day up into sections... Just get to mid morning,just get to lunchtime etc.. Trying not to worry about the past and future...
Keep strong ladies, though I do know that's easier said that done sometimes...
Big hugs to all and hopefully some Easter choc might brighten our weekends xxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4