Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Increased HRT....feel awful  (Read 3683 times)

renee

Increased HRT....feel awful
« on: March 27, 2015, 01:24:44 PM »

Hi folks,

Iv been experiencing a lot of meno symptoms again even though I was on Femoston 1/10....went to docs on Monday and was given 2/10. Iv now been on it 5 days and feel awful.....depressed feeling, anxiety bit worse, tired but not sleeping well, but spaced out to be honest.

Has anyone experienced this when increasing their HRT dosage?

Thanks for any help xxxxxx

Sunnydays

Re: Increased HRT....feel awful
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 02:54:15 PM »

I haven't had increased dose as such, but when I went from nothing to a medium dose (at a time when my body most probably didn't have much oestrogen in it) I felt grotty for a couple of weeks.

Suzyq

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 03:45:18 PM »

Yup always felt awful when increasing hrt - take it easy and give it some time xx

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 04:14:03 PM »

I felt spaced out and incompetent the first week I started HRT.  Had to take may son with me to do the shopping.  It was better the second week, then I started feeling Normal  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 05:55:57 PM »

Sorry to hear this renee. Increasing oestrogen suddenly can give temporary side effects - but should not make you feel depressed ( if you are on the oestrogen only part). Maybe your own hormones are kicking in a bit?

I tend to feel spaced out on the progesterone part but I am on a stable medium dose (of oestrogen) and I'm post-meno so no hormone surges!

I hope you feel and sleep better soon!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 08:04:04 PM »

:bighug:  that 'feeling awful' is awful ….. been there etc.. 

renee

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 12:46:29 AM »

Thanks for your kind replies.

Up again, can't sleep!! But good to know that this might pass, I get confused as I also have an under active thyroid that can cause similiar problems and unfortunately, I have complex trauma which can account for anxiety, insomnia etc the only thing that's changed is my increase on HRT

I suppose what's made things worse too is Im starting a new job next week....only 8 hours per week but had a 4 hour induction today, having questions fired at me and all I could feel was spaced out. Kinda proud of myself though as I haven't worked in 15 months so Im hoping I get the chance to enjoy being back within a work place and meet new people. Looking forward to trying to get a part of my life back but taking little steps.

You've put my mind at rest again, lovely people ❤️❤️
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:52:58 AM by renee »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 10:58:08 PM »

Oh well done you, I would never be able to return to the work place ……… the very thought of an Inteview makes me 'shudder' (no smilie for shuddering)  ::)