Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New users HRT- legs aching  (Read 6226 times)

dogdoc

New users HRT- legs aching
« on: March 26, 2015, 01:41:05 PM »

I've been on hrt for a couple months now and seeing some big improvements ( I think). But in the last month I e noticed some major aching in my legs. Usually the backs of my legs and down the back of my knees.  It's hard to describe but 'congested' would be a description. they ache... Almost like the growing pains of childhood.

I had a lot of aches and pains before  starting the hrt but this is new and a little scary. Always concerned about dvt.
I see leg pain is a side effect of starting hrt but is this that? Something new? Anyone have experiences with this sympton and figure a way to get relief... Or maybe offer advice on whether this is a transient thing while starting the hrt?
Advice appreciated.
Tara

Suzyq

Re: New users HRT- legs aching
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 05:22:24 PM »

I had that at the start - it went! I did ask doc about DVT and she had actually had a DVT - she said you will defo know if you have one - it's not just a little ache! Apparently it very painful, constant and you will probably have some swelling! Hopefully this makes you feel better but if you are worried ask a doctor!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 06:30:54 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::) - or could it be restless leg syndrome : in which case, eat more bananas - it got rid of that 'pulling' sensation for me years ago ……...

dogdoc

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 06:53:48 PM »

Thanks ladies that does help. I swear I could be on here every day with a new 'is this normal' question. It's both legs so thinking two legged dvt is unlikely. Unpleasant though. Must walk more!!

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 06:55:22 PM »

I found that laying with legs raised eased the RLS …….

what's the time in Canada?

Suzyq

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 03:59:46 PM »

We are currently 4 hours behind you (normally 5 but you haven't changed your clocks yet!!) still snowing though ....

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 05:57:48 PM »

Not had that dogdoc. Tend to feel like this after exercise!

Is this listed as a side effect of your HRT? Maybe mention to your doc if you are worried and it doesn't go away?

Hurdity x

spider

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 09:43:48 PM »

Hello dogdoc

I started HRT for first time in Feb and now nearing end of second pack! I' have had the same leg aches too....feels like a horrible heavy aching and worse when I sit too long or lie in bed..

Like you I worry too about DVT but agree that I'd know all about it if that's what is causing the aches.

I don't want to stop as I've felt better than I have done for the last few years. My kids and hubby even commented today that I have been much easier to live with and back to the "real me" .

I'm certain this is a common side effect of HRT and will pass soon.

Take care
Spider x

dogdoc

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »

Thanks spider. Me too. Feeling better but don't live the leg aches. For me it happens right before ovulation which is the 'high' time for my body to produce its own estrogen. I wondered if maybe I was a little too high at that time of the month.
Hoping it'll pass but going to give it a few months to see if it's just a transient thing. Noticing big improvements so don't want to give up.

Tara

bramble

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 11:48:33 AM »

I had this as well not long after I started HRT. Was just one leg. I was very active and tried everything including physio. Nothing worked - it went after a couple of YEARS!!!!!

Bramble

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 01:11:26 PM »

Not all my 'new threads' are showing  ::) - 4/5 hours behind …….. would need to have my alarm clock to look at in order to work out the difference  :D