Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Coccyx trouble - the story continues...  (Read 15632 times)

ellie

Re: Coccyx trouble - the story continues...
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2015, 09:57:51 AM »

Before you go back to your cushion, hears a big  :hug:, I DO know exactly how you feel...
Have you read my thread about my operation ?...... Anyway along with the surgery I have just had on my back (second one), I have had awful pain in my tail bone, coming from S1.... Had many many treatments, including injections.....The operation I have just had was to try and cure the pain in my leg and foot...nothing can be done for my tail bone.
  So like you I am stuck with it unless I want to have an internal morphine pump...
I have also been to pain management and they want me to go again ,and yes I agree with you, it's all about trying to trick your mind into  thinking you don't have pain.
Yes I also cry a lot, the pain is unbelievable .....but then you know that. Unless anyone has this pain they DONT know...I am also on Pregamalin...
I SO feel for you ......PM me if you want. :)

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2015, 12:14:05 PM »

Thanks Ellie - sorry to hear you're suffering too - as you say, unless you've had it ....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2015, 02:16:16 PM »

Problem with the coccyx area is that it's all encompassing: bowel action, bowel wind, transit all contributes to movement which can aggravate the pain.  Body movement in general, even breathing impacts.  It never gets any rest!

Although you don't want to be told it's in your mind [who would?], apparently the brain can cause physiological problems, even epileptic fits, without known cause.  The brain can become 'used' to reading pain which is no longer as intense or 'there', which causes the intensity that the brain became used to (that makes sense to me  :-\ ).  Maybe go along for the pain management anyway, you have nothing to lose. 

Does sitting on the cushion give any relief?

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2015, 02:40:41 PM »

The cushion does help, not totally pain free on it, but definitely helps - as long as I take frequent breaks.  I probably will go to pain management, as you say, nothing to lose - just had a melt down this morning

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2015, 02:49:20 PM »

I can understand that.  Chronic pain is so difficult to cope with.  I remember having dental pain and the [awful] dentist told me it might be present for months  >:(.  Also not knowing how long the pain would continue was upsetting.

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2015, 08:36:41 AM »

Feeling a little more upbeat today - had 5 hours sleep which is unheard of for me lately - amazing what a difference it makes to your mood!  Had a sickness review meeting at work and they are putting some measures in place to help me - so fingers crossed I should be able to keep working. 

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2015, 04:31:42 PM »

that's good!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]