Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Coccyx trouble - the story continues...  (Read 15643 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coccyx trouble - the story continues...
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 11:38:35 AM »

Take someone with you so that you don't have to drive! Did he suggest pain relieve until then?

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 10:30:47 AM »

I've got pain relief but nothing works - I carry a cushion everywhere with me - fingers crossed this works

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 12:19:45 PM »

I sat on a cushion for months.  One of those shaped like a polo mint might be appropriate so one takes all the pressure off the tail bone?  Like the kids wear for swimming …….

Would a rub in Voltarol-type gel be of any use or is it simply TOO painful?

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 09:22:55 AM »

Well my procedure is looming - this Wednesday - and I've never been so anxious - its so sore at the moment and the thought of anyone going near my coccyx let alone manipulating it ... I really hope they give me a decent amount of sedation.  The caudal epidural is the bit that is bothering me the most - I had a bad experience with epidural when I had my son 25 years ago - the worst headache I've ever experienced.  I know things have moved on somewhat since then, but even so it scares me to death.  I'm also scared of the pain - he told me it will be very sore for a few days afterwards - I can't imagine it being any worse than it is now, and that scares me.  I used to be such a brave soldier.....

ellie

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 03:29:58 PM »

CJ...I have had the same procudere as you, but without sedation......Can I reassure you that it really isn't that bad.....Over the years I have had ( at a guess)  15 epidurals  and lots of facet joint injections.....I am now waiting for date for second spinal surgery.....
   So please don't be afraid, there really is no need to be.....PM me if you need any more information....

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 09:59:34 AM »

Thanks Ellie.  I do feel more relaxed today - whatever will be will be, I just want it over with!  Waiting is always the worst bit - I'm sure Thursday I'll be posting that it was a breeze

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 11:03:04 AM »

You do need to let the Dept know of your reaction even though it was years++ ago!  Hope all goes well in the morning!

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 02:48:46 PM »

Well I made it to the other side! It was ok, although very undignified - face down with bum exposed to the world lol.  I have a free marker pen tattoo all over my bottom and lower back - I'd swear they'd had a game of noughts and crosses on me.  The last thing I remember was the anaesthetist saying he'd just put a small dose in sedation, I'd probably not notice much...bam I was out.

Rough night, very uncomfortable, but already easier today, I'm actually sat on the sofa watching the snooker of all things which I couldn't do pre-op so looking promising already.

Thanks for all the messages, meant a lot to know so many of you guys were thinking of me -'love this forum x

dazned

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 03:01:02 PM »

Well done you hope you continue to improve

:tulips:

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2015, 03:40:10 PM »

Well done you survived!  One has to leave ones dignity at the Hospital door and pick it up on the way out  ::)

What have you been advised regarding exercise?

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 06:26:41 PM »

I've been told to resume all usual activities as soon as I feel I can basically.  I generally walk between 4 and 5 miles a day, but I've got to reduce that for a few days and build it up slowly - common sense mostly.  Physiotherapy next to make sure I get best results. He said that after 3 weeks it will be as good as it will be

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2015, 07:49:10 PM »

How has it been today?

Galadriel

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2015, 08:24:08 PM »

Glad to see you made it safely. Hopefully the injections do the trick for you. Take it steady  :)

Galadriel x

margaret

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2015, 02:19:47 PM »

Hi,

I had sciatica last year and pain in the coccyx which lasted months, I tried everything going with no luck but my doctor  advised me to try Yoga, It's been a life saver it's just gentle exercise but helps stretch muscles and helps you relax.

XXX :D

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2015, 09:15:47 AM »

I'm still doing ok - back at work today - although having to get up frequently to take pressure off my "seat" - but so far so good.  Had more problems from the injection sites than the coccyx itself.  Physiotherapy tomorrow, hopefully they will be able to tell me there's been some success
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4