Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Anxiety/headaches/palpitations and nausea  (Read 19855 times)

Annie0710

Anxiety/headaches/palpitations and nausea
« on: March 15, 2015, 08:09:32 PM »

I am having lots of phases of palpitations, I don't like the panicky feeling I am getting with them either.  My most horrible symptom today has been during the palpitations I am feeling light headed as if I will pass out, even when I am sitting.  This happened several times whilst chatting at home today with family.  I get it when I am out quite a lot too.  I woke up with yet another headache and nausea which lasted until the afternoon. 

What medication helped with these panicky/faint feelings ?
I had this a few years ago but don't recall it happening much in between until this massive onset of new menopausal symptoms.  I don't feel depressed, but it's getting me down for sure.

TIA
xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety/headaches/palpitations and nausea
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 08:36:46 PM »

Low blood sugar can cause anxiety surges, nausea, palpitations. How is your diet?

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 08:44:51 PM »

Low blood sugar can cause anxiety surges, nausea, palpitations. How is your diet?

My diet isn't tip top, I eat veg but hardly any fruit (as per dentist instructions) I went to a slimming club just over a year ago and ate lots of fruit, shortly afterwards I suddenly developed painful gum disease, dentist said only piece of fruit per day as it contains sugar. 

When I experienced these feelings before my friend tested my blood sugar and it showed no abnormality, that was her immediate thought too
Xx

dazned

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 08:53:55 PM »

Annie0710 I really sympathize with you,just had 4 weeks of what you are suffering.

As CLKD and others told me and I try to do now where possible is to eat every 4 hours whether I'm hungry or not little and often.  I know it's difficult if you feel nauseous.Take deep breaths and do some conscious breathing techniques.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 09:07:54 PM »

Annie0710 I really sympathize with you,just had 4 weeks of what you are suffering.

As CLKD and others told me and I try to do now where possible is to eat every 4 hours whether I'm hungry or not little and often.  I know it's difficult if you feel nauseous.Take deep breaths and do some conscious breathing techniques.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Thank you ,

Have yours gone away now ? I will try that in fact I bought some snack pack ritz biscuits to nibble on whilst at work for next week for mid  morning (I pack a sandwich for lunch)and during the afternoon.  I only have one coffee on waking then water thereafter, and I am a non smoker
Xx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 09:11:56 PM »

You are not eating enough  ::) and as for the fruit issue ………..  :-X the dental symptoms are probably due to perimenopause  ::).  The thing is not to clean our teeth too soon after eating. 

As fillers to stave off hunger dips I use dried fruits/nuts, Dextrose tablets, chocolate eclairs; cheese/crackers; we eat home cooked meals every day and occasionally fish and chips ………

Keeping hydrated can ease headaches too. 

dazned

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 09:54:15 PM »

Mine have abated now but have started on medication for this as my hrt is being tweaked so until that is sorted I needed something to help.

Annie0710

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 10:35:38 PM »

It's interesting about the gum issue, I was referred to a private clinic as this came on out of the blue, and was rapidly receding. my dentist doesn't have a hygienist and I've spent £100's ( I'm really not kidding) on appts/treatment at this private clinic.  They couldn't understand why it had because although my routine wasn't perfect, it certainly wasn't bad, and no different to the average person.  Pain in my gums started a few weeks after my onset of hormone problems 3 years ago and I've only recently read that this is a symptom.  Again, if the docs had addressed everything then, I wouldn't be in this situation. 

I will try my best to snack through the nausea
Xx

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 10:38:34 PM »

Mine have abated now but have started on medication for this as my hrt is being tweaked so until that is sorted I needed something to help.

Is it ADs they have put you on Dazned?
I would consider them but will strongly urge them to look into what can be done for my hormones, I am on oestrogen 2mg daily at present
Xx

rebelyell

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 11:29:37 PM »

What treatment have you had at private dentist? I also had very sudden gum disease, all fine at dentist in June and then major issues in December.  Am now para noid about losing teeth.  Had no idea this was part of menopause.  It adds considerably to my health anxiety!

Meg

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 03:11:19 AM »

Sorry no solutions at present but I do send heartfelt sympathy.  I have been having horrible symptoms for a long time now. Turned sixty last summer.  The nausea one is really getting to me.  It is just like morning sickness really.  I wish doctors would understand this one, it is very depressing and debilitating.  Before menopause, I really had no idea that it could be so horrible, perhaps is was as well to be ignorant.  People speak about starting periods but at the other end it is still not opened up enough.  Women are lucky if they have an understanding GP or some sort of dedicated NHS menopause clinic.

Meg

dazned

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 08:43:19 AM »

Annie0710 yes it is antidepressant for anxiety mainly ,I se a gynecologist privately for meno as gp isn't interested in that side of things.

Meg know you mean about the nausea ,told my gynecologist it was like having severe morning sickness all the time!

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 04:43:42 PM »

Ginger can help: biscuits, tea, chopped in grub  ;) eases nausea.

Do discuss menopause with your dentists, I talk to mine and he seems clued up even though he's young  ;)

Annie0710

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 10:57:18 PM »

Not one professional has mentioned gum disease and menopause being linked but it makes sense.ive been going to a private clinic because I was beside myself with worry that on top of everything else I was/am going through, my teeth would fall out.  The recession was fast and painful, dentist and hygienist and have been working together with me and I was told to do extra extra thorough cleaning.

Because I was so self conscious of the gaps left between the front teeth they took impressions and fitted me with an acrylic gum mask

I can only liken this nausea to morning sickness, I hate being sick but yesterday really thought seriously about forcing myself to be sick, but it didn't !

I suffered during puberty with hormone imbalance, my pregnancies were never straightforward, resulting in a hysterectomy relatively young, so why am I shocked menopause is hard ?! Xx

Rhubarb

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 02:02:26 AM »

It suppose it does make sense gum disease would be linked to menopause. My dentist once told me he could always tell if a woman was pregnant before she told him just by looking in her mouth. Gums get puffy and bleed easily because of hormones. And last year I was having a filling put in the front of a tooth, the white composite kind that matches the tooth, but because it was during my period my gums were more sensitive and blood got mixed in the filling material and stained it. It was not my usual dentist who did it, and I was unhappy with how it looked, so I was glad when it fell out 6 months later and I had my regular dentist put in a new one. I am having issues with receding gums now, one area is particularly bothersome, so I can hardly wait for my April appointment to find out what exactly is going on.

I am so sorry you're experiencing such nausea, I wouldn't want to re-visit morning sickness. I do sympathize with hormone imbalance issues, I've been imbalanced since my periods began. Occasionally I also feel some lightheadedness along with my anxiety and panicky feelings. I was quite worried about it at first, until I figured out it goes along with all the other hormonal issues.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4