Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Thought I was nearly there and now really sore breasts - is this normal?  (Read 2576 times)

Cringlo

Hi Guys,

Long time since I posted on the forum but you've always been a great help.  Been going through the menopause for about 5-7 years and thought I was getting towards the end of it.  Unfortunately i've now started to have really sore breasts, like I used to have at the start of a period.  They've been sore now for about a month - has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?  Thanks Cringlo xx

Cringlo

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly.  No, never been on HRT and haven't had a period for about 15 months.  The menopause has been quite difficult with severe hot flushes and terrible night sweats, and emotionally a nightmare - lots of tears and feeling sad etc but the sore breasts are something new and very painful.  I just want to know if this is normal or should I see my doc - would rather not as i've managed this long without having seen him but not sure I can put up with this. Cringlo x

Joyce

I got sore breasts starting HRT, so hormone related. Try starflower capsules with around 250mg GLA, they eased pain in mine after a few weeks.

Machair

You may be having a surge of oestrogen activity- after all it doesn't just stop all at once. Have you any other evidence of this such as increased stretchy vaginal mucus? I had an 11 month gap and then my periods returned again for a few months. Haven't had one since November but have days of breast tenderness and discharge increase so I know I may have another period before the end!  Are you sleeping better?- higher oestrogen sometimes stops sleepless nights and sweats. Towards the end of my 11 month gap the night sweats stopped and periods returned. Hope this helps. :)