Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Sertraline doses  (Read 2556 times)

Bracken willowshimmer

Sertraline doses
« on: March 11, 2015, 05:33:08 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I would be interested to know what dosage you have found helpful with menopause symptoms, in particular anxiety.

Thanks xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sertraline doses
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 07:42:05 PM »

What does your GP suggest?

sandy

Re: Sertraline doses
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 08:05:02 PM »

Hi , i have not been on this forum for quite a while , i had been suffering from really bad Anxiety , but after about 20 trips to Doctors , she finally put me on Sertraline , i started off taking 25 mg for about 2 weeks then went up to 50 mg then up to 100 mg , it took about 2 months or longer before it started to work , and i was on it for about 1 year , i have been off it now for 8 months , i have had Anxiety problems since , but it only last about 5 days then i go back to been ok again , but unfortunately , it does not seem to be going away this time , so i am back at the doctors on Monday morning to see if i can go back on it while it settles down again . When I started with Anxiety I also has bad palpitations , and Doctors put me on Beta Blockers and they said it would also help with the Anxiety , but it did not help what soever , but it did take away the palpitations , I am still on the Beta Blockers . I hope the dosage has helped you , but please remember that Sertraline does take quite a while to work , as I said it took me a couple of months , I thought it was never going to work , but it did eventually.