Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: A better day  (Read 3153 times)

sammy

A better day
« on: March 06, 2015, 10:34:54 PM »

Considering how difficult menopause is and all the bad days we sometimes have it is nice that I have a chance today to report a very good day!

Not anxious, not depressed, not crying, not crazy.

Just going about my day in the shops, thinking more clearly and generally feeling much better.

Now, things being what they are, this can change on a dime and I hope to have a good night (flashes are messing my sleep).  So we will see!  But first time in a long time that I feel quite good.  There is hope!

TropicalVon69

Re: A better day
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 07:21:55 AM »

Brilliant Sammy, I had a better day yesterday too.....long may they last xxx

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 10:39:30 AM »

Hello sammy.

Pleased to hear you've had a good day. Whenever this happens to me it feels like coming up for air which is lovely in itself but also gives me hope that such experiences are still possible and may one day become the norm.

Wishing you well.

K.

Millykin

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 11:30:46 AM »

Great to hear reports of good days giving some relief, enjoy and may we have many more  :D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 04:59:53 PM »

Keep a food/mood diary?

Sunnydays

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 05:31:17 PM »

Ditto, for me as well. It started on Thursday when I felt like I did 10 years ago and 2 days later still the same. I'm posting elsewhere on the site changes i've made, which may have helped but could be nothing to do with it!
Anyway, long may it last for us all! x

sammy

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 12:48:22 AM »

Ditto, for me as well. It started on Thursday when I felt like I did 10 years ago and 2 days later still the same. I'm posting elsewhere on the site changes i've made, which may have helped but could be nothing to do with it!
Anyway, long may it last for us all! x

Would love, love to hear what you are doing to create the improvements!  I have been working a ton on things as well.  I do not know what is helping or how long it will last.  But today is going well also.   :)

Sunnydays

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 04:59:34 PM »

Hi Sammy,
Well, a week later and I'm still feeling good - hope the same goes for you :))
I suspect I still have some estrogen in my system which is giving me a boost but I am doing the following:
Bach flower remedy - Walnut - take some drops thru out the day
Nuts and seeds mix - small handful about 3 times a day
Menopace - every other day
Metatone tonic - daily
Green tea - at least onecup of loose leaf per day
Red flesh grapefuit - every other day  ( I love these and dread when they go out of season!)
Soya live yoghurt - small portion each day
Spread - use soya
Milk - use goats milk
Before bed - cup of camomile tea and a light spray of lavender on my pillow
sorry, becomes boring!
I have a v low dose hrt tablet to start but am holding off to see how i feel 6 weeks post stopping the other hrt

Sunnydays

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 09:34:28 PM »

I would add that I suffer from chronic catarrh and wonder if this has contributed to my previous tiredness. I purchased a netti pot - something I used to use years ago - and it has reduced the impact of the catarrh, although for some reason I constantly produce it; drips down back of my throat constantly yuk!