Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45

Author Topic: Dog Breeds  (Read 125955 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Police finding lots of stolen Dogs: - across the UK
« Reply #555 on: July 04, 2021, 02:47:56 PM »

Of course you miss her. But you won't find another of the same ...... so will compare continually. 

In your position I would go 4 an Anatolian Shepherd dog ;-)

jaycee

« Reply #556 on: July 05, 2021, 11:38:59 AM »

I think some of the rescues don't always give proper advice,and sometimes adopters just don't take any notice
In the last few days i have read of 2 rescues being found dead on railway lines,
One of the dogs had been let in the garden on it's own, after having it for only 2 weeks,and yesterday read of a poor dog,only had 20 minutes and escaped, found dead on railway lines
Also another killed on the roads
A lot of these poor dogs come here from Romania mainly for a better life,and end up dead
Absolutely sickening,

CLKD

« Reply #557 on: July 05, 2021, 12:15:47 PM »

I think that due to C-19 some rescue centres haven't done the home checks !  Dogs need to bond ...... and will go exploring or run off in fright.  Thought most from Romania are well handled prior to being rehomed.  It's really tragic ..........  :'(

CLKD

Stolen last night :
« Reply #558 on: August 05, 2021, 08:50:57 AM »

Owners of a boarding kennels in Derby have urged people to make three dogs stolen from their site "too hot to handle".

The trio, named Elvis, Remy, and Tony, were taken from Spondon's Brookfield Farm in the early hours of Wednesday.   - cockers/mixed

Please share.

jaycee

Re: Stolen dogs on Wed.:
« Reply #559 on: August 14, 2021, 09:48:06 PM »

3 PUPPIES AND MOTHER CHOW CHOW BEEN FOUND IN TERRIBLE CONDITION, YESTERDAY I THINK,POOR THINGS ARE COVERED IN MANGE AND EYE INFECTIONS, MOST LIKELY DUMPED,
PUPPIES ARE ABOUT 5 MONTHS OLD
[Sorry about caps by accident ]

CLKD

« Reply #560 on: August 15, 2021, 08:47:57 AM »

Big article in the Sat papers about the 'types' of dogs being snatched, from young people in the streets. How can these people sleep at night.  A big 'ring' of dog theft has been infiltrated in M Keynes - huge numbers involved, good work by the various agencies and Police involved.  At last the RSPCA are doing what they are 'paid' to do!

Mange is difficult to shift: mine had fox mange which require lots of baths, she smelt like a creosoted fence after.   

jaypo

« Reply #561 on: August 15, 2021, 10:59:59 AM »

Is it STILL going on? It's terrible you can't enjoy a stroll with your dog in fear of someone stealing it off you,one of my dogs (Mitzi) would just curl up and die if she was stolen,she'd never settle with anyone else  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #562 on: August 15, 2021, 01:56:06 PM »

It will continue for a long while now.  Theives have found a way of snatching pets and unless caught on camera: as a recent episode was which resulted in the arrest of a 17 year old: it will happen over and over.  At least the Police are now taking these thefts seriously but the cynic in me thinks it's due to them being attached to drugs crimes.

CLKD

More Stolen dogs in recent weeks : however
« Reply #563 on: February 27, 2022, 08:52:07 PM »

Today I met a Bouvier des Flandres dog - as pups they look like many of the mastiff-types, including the Tibetan.   They grow to look like a very woolly Schnauzer with a fluffier coat.  Not many seen on the streets of the UK.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 10:05:19 PM by CLKD »

VictoryV

« Reply #564 on: February 27, 2022, 09:48:05 PM »

Dog theft really scares me. I’m very aware of everybody around as I walk on my own. I see owners listening to music with ear pods or chatting away on their phones, easy targets for thieves.
I walk them in various places and different times to avoid a routine. They are trained to stay close by and their recall is good. Does anybody have any tips to make walking safer please?
Thanks.
V☀️

CLKD

« Reply #565 on: February 27, 2022, 10:08:16 PM »

Have two leads, as it's known that thieves will cut the leads.  One on the neck and another on a harness might help.

Keep the dogs on the inside so that they aren't walking by the kerb.

Walk with others when possible and in busy areas.  Vary the times that you go out and the routes taken though keep yourself safe at all times.  Have a shriek alarm in your hand or a perfume spray .......... use it.

Any1 using a mobile whilst walking leaves them open to abuse of all kinds.  We had a young lad step off a pavement last week straight in front of us, he was totally unaware as he was jabbering on his mobile.  We had anticipated his actions!

VictoryV

« Reply #566 on: February 28, 2022, 08:31:49 AM »

Thanks CLKD. I’ve joined a dog walking club which gives some additional security and has a very good social scene, lots of doggy pubs exist around here!

jaypo

« Reply #567 on: February 28, 2022, 08:48:54 AM »

My daughter and I carry a spray with us,sounds drastic but if it was sprayed into their face it would burn their eyes,ha,it's not pepper spray just one of those fly repellents but I accidentally got a tiny amount in my eye and boy did it sting, I wouldn't think twice about using it on these nasty people

CLKD

Do not be overheard ( Stolen dogs )
« Reply #568 on: February 28, 2022, 10:01:51 AM »

Don't post photos on line.  Of children, pets or when you are away on holiday.  Don't discuss the same in Pubs where you can be overheard and then followed.

This happens in the Antiques World. A lot.  Thieves wander round the fairs watching; they engage with dealers.  Then follow them to their cars and rob on site, or follow them to their drive ways where they then attack the dealer. 

It is better to carry a perfume atomiser.  If the Police think that someone is walking 'tooled up', they will take them to Court.  Regardless of the reason why you are carrying a pepper spray-type defence bottle. 

jaypo

« Reply #569 on: February 28, 2022, 01:18:10 PM »

What a world we live in  :'(
Ha it's a midge deterrent,I'd just say I was spraying it on when he happened to try and steal my dog,it's crazy how it can be turned around isn't it? Then YOU are the criminal  >:(
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45