Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: hello can you help  (Read 2469 times)

janine scott

hello can you help
« on: February 16, 2015, 08:56:31 AM »

Hi ladies.

Wondered if anyone could help.  I am 45 in perimenopause.  I have not had a period for a year and a half then out of the blue a period with really bad cramps and although my menopause symptoms seemed a little MRE settled.  They seem to have arupted a little with this.   Is this normal I'd appreciate your comments and help.

Thanks ladies.

Janine x

Dancinggirl

Re: hello can you help
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 10:30:11 AM »

Hi janine scott
It isn't unusual to get quite long gaps between periods in the peri stage but it was a particularly long gap and for peace of mind I would definitely see your GP about this and perhaps have a scan and blood tests just in case.
45 is quite young to be oestrogen deficient so it would be wise to ask advice about prevention of possible long term health problems as a result of this deficiency - HRT is one form of treatment but there are also lifestyle changes that can also help.  If your meno symptoms are settling well then some attention to diet and exercise may be all you need.
DG x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 10:58:42 AM »

Hi Janine. Although this is probably a bit of a hormonal blip the guidelines that any bleed after more than a year without has to be reported to your GP to rule out any causes. It is important that you do get this checked out. Let us know how you get on.

I agree with Dancinggirl that as you are young to be experiencing menopausal symptoms then HRT (if it is a route you want to take) would go some way to protect your heart and bones up to the usual meno age of around 51 as well as probably making you feel much better.

Taz x

janine scott

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 11:20:49 AM »

Hi ladies.

Thank you, yes I have made an appointment to see the doc I thought it was the best thing considering the length of time it is since a last period.

Thank you for the info I'll have  chat with my doc and let you know what she says.

Janine x

janine scott

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 10:47:06 PM »

Hi ladies just an update.

Been to docs today and she has sent me to hospital to check out this sudden bleed.  She advised it could be something wrong but has to advise me that to be on the safe side,  just waiting for an appointment now.  Although doc said don't worry too much I find myself doing just that as I don't know what it could be.

Hope you are all well

Janine

Xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 08:38:48 AM »

Hope all is well janine.  It's good to get things checked out - better safe than sorry.  Keep us posted.   DG x

peegeetip

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 09:48:15 AM »

Hi Janine

just a wee question for you :)

Have you been on a diet or new exercise regime just recently to try and loose some weight?

:-*

janine scott

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 08:26:52 PM »

Hi peegeetip
I have not been dieting but went jogging on Saturday for the first time in a king time I used to do zumba but have been quite poorly since last year with weight loss due to indigestion acid reflux I did not have the strength to go back.  I know exercise is important for the bones so did go jogging.

Thank you ladies again for support

Xx

peegeetip

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 10:48:26 AM »

Hi Janine

the reason I ask is that I had similar experience.

I was fine until I lost some weight then a month or 2 into my diet another period started after a long gap.

Seems to be down to estrogen stored in our fat, just my theory anyway.

Since then I've moved to HRT and things have settled very well.
However some of the symptoms took 6 months+ to settle.

Hope you find something to help you soon.

:-*

janine scott

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 10:00:51 PM »

Hi pee gee tip I too think it may be sudden excercis I did exercise regular until this awful meno started I was house b bound with axiety panic attack lost three stone not eating properly due to acid reflux so when I did excercse least week I had the bleed at hospital next wee k for it hope it is OK.

Thanks for your help

Xx