Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Horrible anxiety today  (Read 6154 times)

jedigirl

Horrible anxiety today
« on: January 25, 2015, 10:06:25 AM »

Here we go again, wish i could get a grip on this anxiety, feel such a wimp.
Discovered in the bath last night some bruising spots on my labia, no itching at the moment or soreness. Saw a gynae last year re Lichen Schlerosus which he seemed happy I didn't have but did no actual tests.
So this morning with my usual morning anxiety, the bruising, and the fact that I am switching HRT regime tomorrow I feel such a state. I seem to be able to convince myself I have any given illness or condition when I am like this and its so debilitating.
Am hoping the new regime will help the anxiety as I admit I am struggling here.
Hope you lovely ladies are all well today.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Horrible anxiety today
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 10:17:34 AM »

It can really take over can't it!  Is it bruising or 'dark spots' on the skin?  We get more cautious and illness aware as we age  ::) but I doubt it is anything serious.

Put some cream on the lips, make a cuppa and cuddle the cup.  Deep breathing.  Eat a biscuit if you can or nibble some dried fruits and nuts. 

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 10:29:52 AM »

Hello Jedigirl and sending you hugs.

I know what you mean about anxiety and worry being so debilitating and you have my sympathy. Hopefully your  new regime tomorrow will bring some relief. Sorry I can't be of more help but I wanted you to know you are not alone in feeling this way, hormones have a lot to answer for.

Wishing you well and I hope your day improves.

K. 

jedigirl

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 10:34:28 AM »

Hi CLKD, thanks
Its small bruise like spots, not many and rest is pink and normal looking ( sorry for tmi!)
I'll get it checked this week, just hate going to the docs, always seems to lead to more tests and worry. Health anxiety ridiculous since all this kicked off last year, so many tests done its no wonder.
I'll keep busy today and get through xx
Thanks Kathleen  :)

Briony

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 02:04:10 PM »

Hi Jedigirl, from a fellow sufferer, I just wanted to send you hugs and sympathy. My anxiety is always at it worst just after my period (like now) so I know how you feel. Have had a headache for the last few days, and felt a bit dizzy, so have convinced myself it's 'obviously' the HRT/too high estorgen about to cause a stroke (my dad had one at a similar age so I do obsess with this). Why oh why do we do it to ourselves?!! x 

jedigirl

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 02:22:10 PM »

Thanks Briony, my period not showed up this month. Also have awful headache, feel weepy, worried about new hrt. Fed up with all this. Hope you feel better soon too xxx

SallyG

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 07:40:38 AM »

Hi there,

thanks for your reply to my post when I was struggling with anxiety a couple of days ago. Just to update my HRT is a gel that I rub into my upper thigh and a tablet both taken at night. Sandrena estradiol gel 1gm sachet applied to leg as I've said and Utrogestan progesterone capsule 100mg taken at night with a large glass of water. seems to be working, but I still get anxious about returning to work.

I am just a nervous nelly though so that is probably more to do with it.
Hope you are feeling better today. My heart goes out to you. And hope the new stuff helps. It is good to try different things.

Big hug

Sally

jedigirl

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 04:29:22 PM »

Thanks all
Sally G , I'm pleased you're feeling bit better! I'm starting on the utrogestan tonight, with oestrogel, very nervous about it.
Your nerves about work will probably only fully settle once you've done a few days back. Just be kind to yourself and don't rush things.
jg x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 09:21:46 PM »

Oh poor you, anxiety is just evil isn't it?

I completely sympathise, as it's the anxiety that is by far the worst of my symptoms. I still can't believe how it just descended out of the blue just over a year ago, and now rears its ugly head when it feels like it (though really just through the second half of my cycle).

I woke up this morning feeling rested and cheerful and had a calm and productive morning at work. Came home and had a nice lunch. But by the time I got back to work I had started feeling anxious and panicky. Absolutely NO REASON for this, except my period is due in 4-5 days. Spent the afternoon struggling to talk to clients as I kept getting these little waves of dread coming over me.

It lasted for nearly 3 hours, then quickly disappeared. I feel okay again now but I am dreading the next episode.

I am writing to my gynaecologist tomorrow (can't get an appointment until May) to ask her to fax a prescription for HRT to my GP. I have asked for oestrogen patches and a bio identical progesterone feedback regime.

Like you I am TERRIFIED of actually taking HRT, mainly because I am terrified it isn't going to work. Then if it doesn't work I simply don't know what I will do.

Just a quick thought. Have you tried eating something at bedtime? I find this helps a bit with early morning anxiety, as low blood sugar when you wake makes anxiety much worse.

jedigirl

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 09:28:11 PM »

Hi gypsyroselee,
Yes anxiety is the pits. Its unpredictability and ferocity is horrible. I'm not too bad tonight though I know it will be there in the morning.
I usually have a milky drink before bed but makes no difference if I do or don't or if I eat or not. Its still there in morning.
That seems a long winded way to get yr HRT? won't your gp prescribe it?jg x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 09:39:50 PM »

Oh, that's a shame. It was just a thought. Must admit it is very rare now that I don't wake up without some sense of trepidation, or those nasty little anxiety tingles running down the backs of my legs. When I was on Amitriptyline 6 months ago I never felt like this when I woke up. But that's because it basically zonks you out completely.

I know it sounds long winded, but my GP is very reluctant to prescribe as she thinks I am 'a complicated case' because I still have periods. I have suffered with this for over a year, so a few more weeks won't hurt. I would rather get a tailor made prescription from my consultant than just something broadly generic from my GP.

Let's hope that this new preparation will work better for you.

One day, not too far away, this will all seem like a bad dream. We might be older, with whiskery chins and dried up lady bits but at least we won't have the anxiety (and there's always facial waxing and oestrogel).

Briony

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 11:05:23 PM »

Just a word of warning about starting HRT GypsyRoseLee - don't be fooled into thinking it'll make everything perfect straight away. I was under the impression that I'd notice a dramatic difference within weeks, them beat myself up by 'failing'. I so nearly gave in, and probably would have done if it were not for a particularly straight talking, very lovely  member of this forum!

It was a good three months before I realised the balance had shifted from mainly bad to mainly good days. Even now, I have dips (hence my previous thread about post period blues!) but I still think I'm more 'old me' than I have been in two years.

I really, really hope it brings you some much deserved relief from this hormonal yuck ! B x

Meg

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 03:32:03 AM »

Know just how you feel Jedi with the anxiety.  I never had this on waking when I had periods but it started with the sweating/flushing.  It is a truly dreadful feeling.  It must be adrenaline rushes.  Thing is you get so sick and tired of waking up this way, it's a chemical reaction in the body.  Maybe someone has found the answer as to how to stop it.  I did ask GP for beta-blocker and think that they can take the edge off a bit.  I have also been prescribed anti-depressants and clonidine but have nothing to report on them as I have not tried them!  Best of luck.

Meg   

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 10:06:31 AM »

Thank Briony. I will try and be patient. The thing is, I typically have 2 'good' weeks per month which helps me get through my 'bad' two weeks if that makes sense?

If HRT can just give me, say, an extra week or so of 'good' days then I will settle for that. I can handle a few bad days each month, but having to handle 12-14 of them is too much to ask. I am under no illusions that I will feel on top of the world every day of the month. I expect I won't react well to the progesterone feed back.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 03:43:38 PM »

Rescue Remedy
Deep breathing
Walking
Walking away from others
Pages: [1] 2