Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan again!  (Read 3653 times)

karenja

Utrogestan again!
« on: December 24, 2014, 08:52:51 AM »

Hi

Have started taking this vaginally, took my third one last night, still making me feel very drowsy next morning, like ive taken a strong sleep remedy, I don't know if this is because its taken at night, it not as bad as taking orally but still feel groggy and it doesn't wear off until mid day normally, anybody else get this and does it get better the longer you take it?

Has anybody had any other side effects with this as I seem to read nothing but positive reviews and I know its early  days for me.

Also on Estradot patches, only taking Utrogestan for 12 days

xx :-\

Joyce

Re: Utrogestan again!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 09:31:07 AM »

I don't know much about your HRT karenja. But, is it feasible to use earlier in the evening, then the effects would have worn off overnight. I know I had to adjust time I took Tramadol tablets a long time ago, for same reason.

karenja

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 09:43:53 AM »

Thanks cubagirl - I actually feel worst today than normal my arms feel like lead it's an effort to lift them could stay in bed and I've got a busy day lunch and mulled wine 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎅🎅🎅xx

Briony

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 10:42:10 PM »

I think I was a little groggy for about the first five days, then it eased. By the end, I didn't want to stop taking them as I felt so much better. Annoyingly things gone downhill since I went back to just estogen alone. Hopefully you will start to feel less drowsy v soon  :) x

karenja

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 06:50:19 AM »

Hope so merry Christmas briony xx

karenja

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 06:09:48 PM »

UPDATE - Well Christmas day went well no side effects except the grogginess on waking, today a few shaky feelings but they passed, so far ok, ive taken five vaginally now and will continue for another seven days then have a 15 day break, still using estradot patches continually seem ok, Im hoping and paying Im turning a corner, the worst bit is the grogginess feeling like when you fall asleep heavy in the afternoon and wake up not knowing what day it is and some days I take until lunchtime to feel more with it, Ive stopped the Starflower now x

karenja

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 06:54:08 PM »

Hi Stella only taken six and came off having headaches and palpatations now :( x

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 07:31:17 PM »

Although side effects are annoying you do have to persevere karenja as they do tend to get better with time - HRT is not a magic bullet unfortunately. It takes time for your body to settle and, also, you do need to take the progesterone in order to finish this particular cycle of HRT I should think. It's not good to build up the womb lining with the oestrogen and not use the full amount of progesterone.

Taz x  :hug:

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 07:41:03 PM »

It's really not a great idea to keep stopping. You need to take a proper course of progesterone to protect yourself.
I know a few of our ladies do do different regimes but it is monitored and they have yearly scans.
I think you either need to stick with what has been prescribed or stop.

I really don't mean to sound harsh at all because I under stand how hard these things can be to cope with but you could be causing a lot more problems by doing what you are at the moment.

Honeyb
X

karenja

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 07:42:11 PM »

Hi taz I am worrying about not taking the full twelve tablets / haven't taken them for two nights now and don't know if any relation it getting headaches and today awful palpatations I don't know what to go anymore the anxiety and my health worries don't help x

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 08:05:16 PM »

Perhaps just stop completely until you are in a better place to deal with this. Lack of progesterone is really not good. Can you visit your GP again. Perhaps ask for something different for your anxiety.

Better to be on nothing at all than to take unnecessary risks.
Hope you manage to get something sorted soon.

Honeyb
X

karenja

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 08:18:18 PM »

Hi honeyb yes seriously considering coming off altogether again really fed up of of it a I know Im not the only one suffering but nice to head some ladies have found something that works for them x