Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Woke up very early feeling terribly panicky  (Read 2221 times)

SallyG

Woke up very early feeling terribly panicky
« on: December 19, 2014, 07:31:05 AM »

Woke up early (3am) feeling terribly panicky. I am worried about going back to work and if I'll ever feel normal again. Is there anyone out there who has been affected to the extent they they have had to take time off work?

SallyG

Cristina

Re: Woke up very early feeling terribly panicky
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 10:18:54 AM »

Hi SallyG, I was recently reading an article about panic attacks in menopause. I haven't had them myself but yes in the article some women weren't able to work because of it. Some were taking anxiety medication, CBT etc. Sorry that's not much help!

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 11:17:59 AM »

Hi SallyG

Oh yes. I have struggled with symptoms for almost 5 years. The last 2 years have been horrid causing me to give up my job in September. To be honest I do feel guilty but on the other hand I could not function as I was having really bad panic attacks whilst at work.

My intention is to get my life back and feel better, then I may go back to work. I am 56 and never been out of work since I was 19. May be you could ask your employer for a career break of 6 months or 12 months as by law it must be considered.

Take Care W ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 06:48:36 PM »

It depends on your Contract as to how much sick leave one is entitled to.  Anxiety controls my Life although attacks are less these days.  Have you talked to your GP about medication i.e. Valium, on an as necessary basis?

Have you eaten properly?  Anxiety surges can be caused when the body is hungry  ;)

janine scott

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 11:41:07 PM »

Hi I understand the panic and anxiety I abruptly geypt woken in the early hours with it. I work but went through a stage where I thought I couldnt get through work as panics where all day.  I have to use brown bags for anxiety it helps a little as I suffer with bad indegestio acid reflux I panic more once I've eaten and its bad at night.  Its all a nightmare hope you find peace Janine xx