Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Morning anxiety anyone?  (Read 17172 times)

jedigirl

Morning anxiety anyone?
« on: December 06, 2014, 09:45:28 AM »

Hi all, I'm newish to the forum so not sure if I'm posting in the right place? Am wondering if anyone else struggles with stomach churning anxiety in the morning? Mine can last till teatime some days and its horrible. Usually it goes in the evening and i wonder what it was all about but no matter how calm and normal i am when i go to bed it's always there when i wake up. I dread it.I am currently on Femoston 2/10 after switching from lower dose so think that has thrown things a bit and take 50mg Sertreline. Any fellow sufferers?

TropicalVon69

Re: Morning anxiety anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 09:50:56 AM »

Absolutely Cubagirl...I had this too...try n get some exercise and get on with your day...\i also take supplements vitb6, b12, magnesium, calcium, vitd d and multivitamin, all of which seem to have helped, but otherr ladies will probably have other suggestions...I am not on hrt at the moment but have been referred to a meno clinic hopefully and hopefully get an appointment soon...take care and hopefully your day gets better  ;D XXX

jedigirl

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 09:55:28 AM »

Thank you, am taking Feroglobin but don't think it has all those vitamins in. Thanks for reply xxx ;)

Bracken willowshimmer

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 10:00:23 AM »

Hi Jedigirl,

Morning anxiety is horrible, I am suffering with it too.  By the evening, it has gone and then you wake up to that horrible feeling.

I also take Sertraline and hrt.  Xx

jedigirl

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 10:05:05 AM »

It's pants isn't it Bracken willowshimmer. I am struggling to shop for Christmas, work is difficult, wish there was an answer. Am hoping it settles when I've been on meds a bit longer. Thanks for chat xxx ;)

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 10:16:07 AM »

Oh yes me too and I've been on HRT for years.

No reason for it I'm afraid. Just seems to be another lovely meno symptom.

Honeyb
x

jedigirl

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 10:24:54 AM »

Oh no honeybun! Was hoping hrt might ease it :-\ everything seems a struggle at the moment and Christmas not helping. Ah well, might stick a meditation on for a bit then get on with it all again ::)

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 11:06:26 AM »

It does help a lot of women I think. I just don't happen to be one of them.

My anxiety did not start until I had been on HRT for two years. No rhyme nor reason for it.

I can only think I would be worse without it though so you may see some improvements.

It's not always as bad as it was initially though, either that or I just deal with it better.
My anxiety I think was triggered by stress that was on going for a long period of time.
From what I have read anxiety is a learned thing. Your brain becomes used to being in fight or flight mode and then that becomes the norm.

What I tell myself is not once have these feelings of panic hurt me or caused me to faint or be sick. It's just a feeling so rather than trying to fight it I accept it and try and move on.
You might find the No More Panic website helpful and books by Dr Clair Weekes explain it very well.

Sorry a bit of a ramble there.

Honeyb
x

thorntrees

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 11:07:02 AM »

Me too, not on HRT but take 10mgs of citalopram daily. It has worked great with the hot sweats and general daytime anxiety but still get hot at night and wake up with stomach churning for no reason. It does tend to go once up, dressed and breakfasted but sometimes comes back late afternoon - again with no reason? It must be something to do with the release of certain hormones during the cycle the body goes through over24 hours I suppose just wish  it would all settle down! Never thought of myself as an anxious person until menopause.
Take care all and have a stress free day.☺

Thorntrees

jedigirl

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 11:24:50 AM »

Honeybun, i like your thought process there. I do find the more i dwell on it the worse it gets and i end up feeling terrible. I'm also expecting it every day now so probably fuelling it!
Thorntrees, I think you're right that certain times of day cause different hormone fluctuations. It is exhausting isnt it? Every night when i feel fine i tell myself I'm not having that again tomorrow, there's no need ,then lo and behold it comes back  ::) Thanks for chats xxx

Millykin

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 11:43:20 AM »

My anxiety started a feed months after starting HRT for 3 months so stopped that one for a while then moved on to another kind. I don't know if it was my hormones causing it or like HB as s famy we had just been through the most horrible time so can't say. You do learn to go with it you just have to remember it won't harm you and cherish those around you who are there for you. Nearly started getting a bit deep there!
X

jedigirl

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 11:51:22 AM »

Thanks Millykin, how are you doing now with it? I've had three sorts of hrt since July so its not surprising I feel rubbish, my body hasn't a clue what's going on. Hoping it will settle in a little while. Started on patches which were beginning to settle symptoms but wouldn't stay on and had horrible itches underneath. Moved onto Femoston low dose, then medium as it didn't feel enough and i'd missed a period. Just want it all to settle so I can be me again. You're right, the people around me are fab, including my hubby, family and work colleagues. Hugs  :)xx

Millykin

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 12:10:08 PM »

I can honestly say I'm doing good now. I'm 44 was 42 when they told me I was peri meno, so took HRT Elleste duet to protect bones but that didn't work and that's when anxiety started, left everything alone till April and couldn't take much more so started femoston 1/10 and it's been the best thing I done. They were going to up my dose as not really taking a bleed but I said I'll stick with lower dose for now. Glad I did cause everything's settled and maybe get the odd day of anxiety but it oasses pretty wuick now
X

jedigirl

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 12:52:39 PM »

That's great to hear Millykin. Are you having bleeds now on the 1/10? That was the reason i went up to 2/10. I'm 45 was 44 when told peri but looking back i suspect its been rumbling on for a while. Glad yr feeling better, there's hope for me yet! x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 01:26:29 PM »

Yep.  Since before I can remember  :'( ……. usually once I 'got going' it would dissipate but in recent years, I have no where to dissipate it to.  To think I used to do drama/singing *on stage*  :o but of course, once on the stage it would go. 

I used to be out of bed as soon as I woke up as early as 5.30 sometimes.  DH would get up with me which added to the guilt. 

I improve as the day goes by because any commitments are dealt with.  I do find that I get a dip around 4.00 p.m. ……. find ReadyBrek useful  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4