Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fainting  (Read 4844 times)

toffeecushion

Fainting
« on: November 29, 2014, 10:28:28 AM »

I know I have read it here before but I need some reassurance.

I am due on any day now and this morning felt as if I were going to faint.  I was at work and had to just sit down where I was.

Anyone else get like this when their period is due?

karenja

Re: Fainting
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 10:33:24 AM »

Hi I get this a lot especially lately but my periods have stopped I gins eating helps itß an awful feeling x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 12:14:35 PM »

Your GP needs to check whether you have postural affected blood pressure.  A discussion about diet might help as it could be low blood sugar.  I have a nerve in the back of my neck which when I turn my head makes me feel 'odd', woozy ………….

Let us know how you get on!

bev567901

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 04:56:06 PM »

I used to get the same thing toffee cushion the day before. I am sure I read a scientific reason why somewhere,  a link between bp at this time but can't remember the details. Think it helps to know why xx

toffeecushion

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 06:16:12 PM »

Thanks for your replies.  I'm wondering if it low estrogen at this time of the month causing it.

Briony

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 06:25:15 PM »

I get it during ovulation too. Hate it, but know it goes as quickly as it comes X
Ps Have you had your estrogen levels checked, Toffeecushion?

toffeecushion

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 06:29:49 PM »

I get it during ovulation too. Hate it, but know it goes as quickly as it comes X
Ps Have you had your estrogen levels checked, Toffeecushion?

Thanks for asking.  I'm due on any day now and will get it tested on day 3.  Really hoping it shows that I have low estrogen or high FSH.  I'll let you know.

How are you getting on?

Briony

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 11:01:43 PM »

Beginning to think the HRT is kicking in now, though also aware that I think my problems could be fluctuating estrogen rather than low estrogen per se. For that reason, slightly worried I could be taking too much. Do check out the post I put on earlier today about an article on peri menopause. http://www.bcmj.org/article/clearing-confusion-about-perimenopause
I hope you find it as helpful as I did. Good luck with the tests. Sound weird to say I hope they find something's up, but you know what I mean! Xx

toffeecushion

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 02:09:35 PM »

Beginning to think the HRT is kicking in now, though also aware that I think my problems could be fluctuating estrogen rather than low estrogen per se. For that reason, slightly worried I could be taking too much. Do check out the post I put on earlier today about an article on peri menopause. http://www.bcmj.org/article/clearing-confusion-about-perimenopause
I hope you find it as helpful as I did. Good luck with the tests. Sound weird to say I hope they find something's up, but you know what I mean! Xx

After reading that article I guess that even if they don't find anything it could just be the fluctuating hormones causing everything.  Everything is just so uncertain, wish they could tell you for sure.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 03:02:00 PM »

As a complete meander: love the kitty avatar  ;)   :-*

toffeecushion

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 03:59:49 PM »

As a complete meander: love the kitty avatar  ;)   :-*

Thanks, they are my two little cats.  Yours is cute too

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 04:07:16 PM »

'My' sleepy kitty is from the list that was here when I joined all those years ago  ::) [we have a pet thread  ;)] which reminds me  :whist:

toffeecushion

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 05:38:50 PM »

I've decided not to have the estrogen blood test.  I am going to try the saliva test.  It is 11 tests over 28 days so will let me know if my levels are fluctuating through the month.  It also tests for progesterone and testosterone.  I understand that these tests are not conclusive and I may be wasting my money but I need to do something positive.  I won't do it until the new year because testing over Christmas might be difficult.  I'll let you now how it goes.

Briony

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2014, 06:21:29 PM »

Didn't know you could have it tested this way. That's really interesting to know.  Do keep us all up dated x

toffeecushion

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 07:11:27 PM »

Pages: [1] 2