Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Estradot & UTROGESTAN Experiences Please and how to take  (Read 17371 times)

karenja

Re: Estradot & UTROGESTAN Experiences Please and how to take
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »

thanks Honeyb, gosh so many ladies using it vaginally, did you ever use it normally? x

Briony

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2014, 01:50:15 PM »

Suzyq, I agree with your every word. Could have written your post ! The tiredness with Ultrogestan taken vaginally is not bad at all - nothing like the fatigue I get from lack of estrogen when I can barely put a sentence together sometimes.  I was a bit anxious about inserting it the first time (I do get anxious about just about everything in life - even reading the side effects of something gives me palps  ;)) but it really is a doddle. Karenja, you really should give it a go 'the other way'. What have you got to lose? x 
PS I thought I was imagining it when I thought my anxiety had reduced during the progesterone phase, but reading your post, Suzyq, perhaps there is something in it? I thought it was meant to be the harder part of the month. Just hope I haven't spoken too soon ...

karenja

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2014, 01:57:53 PM »

Hi Briony, well its seems you and a few ladies are trying the Ultrogestan this way so its worth a try I will tonight, though would prefer to take it less than 25 of 28 days, the jury is still out on that one confused very! x

honeybun

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2014, 02:11:17 PM »

I really don't swallow any pills unless I have to.

The question is do you want a bleed or not. If you are using everyday bar two then you will not get a bleed. If you use for a short part of the month then you will get a bleed. It's really up to you.
The rule of thumb seems to be that you don't need a bleed if you were naturally bleed free for a year. You can also be bleed free if you are over 54. Just to confuse you more. I have been on a bleed free regime since I was 52 and other women choose to have a bleed because they don't like taking progesterone all the time.

It's all a bit confusing but if I was you I would lean towards having a bleed as that means you don't have to use progesterone all the time.

Honeyb
x

karenja

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2014, 02:15:10 PM »

Hi Honeyb,

Last natural bleed Dec, had a bleed when I came off first lot of hrt which I think was at the end of June, nothing since, Im 54 next week, I don't mind having a bleed would rather that than take progesterone for 25 days, so if I choose this method is it day 15 I start them properly and how long for? x

Briony

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2014, 02:33:24 PM »

I start on Day 15 and take for 11 days, though most people seem to have been prescribed for 12 days so I may add one in. Now on Day 7 of first round and my only issue is remembering to take it! Remember Karenja, you have survived taking it orally so you know that even if you do get side effects, they will be no worse than what you had from taking it orally, and will probably be miles milder - if at all. X

karenja

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2014, 02:46:37 PM »

thanks again Briony, think I will take it vaginally, so I started my patch Thursday afternoon, change twice per week continually, so if I don't count the one Utrogestan I took last night and start taking them vaginally when ive worn my patch for two weeks, then take Utrogestan for twelve days? then another break, oh Im confusing myself :) x

Briony

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2014, 03:54:35 PM »

Yes, that's what I do:

Days 1 - 15 = patch only
Days 15-26 = patch and tablet (I take 200mg vaginally)
Day 27 = Patch only again, until Day 15 of next cycle.

I really must emphasise that I am v new to this and am in no way the expert, so I am hoping someone else will confirm what I have suggested. I know Hurdity is very knowledgeable on this - she helped me loads, especially when I buggered up my dates - so hopefully she may see this and input. I would hate to mislead you, or anyone else! x

karenja

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2014, 05:31:36 PM »

Hi Briony

yes Hurdity is very good  thank you x

honeybun

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2014, 08:14:29 PM »

Briony...you have got it spot on for a sequi regime.

Karenja, if you follow those instructions then you will have a bleed when you stop the progesterone.
It should suit you much better and even better again if you use the Utrogestan vaginally.

Honeyb
x

karenja

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2014, 08:18:19 PM »

Thank you lots - so patches only for a bit then trying utrogeston vaginally is my plan :) having some camomile tea now to stay chilled xx

Suzyq

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2014, 02:52:23 AM »

I've never used it orally - just didn't fancy it! I started out with compounded bio-identical cream (we have a lot of that in canada) which was great but I got fed up of rubbing it in twice a day so changed to utrogestan! I found cream a bit kinder in terms of side effects but tablets are easy - I use them every day now but they do take a while to get used to and it's not for everyone!

karenja

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2014, 09:36:40 AM »

Lots of ladies have been sucessful in finding something that suits them
Whether it be hrt or starflower like Karin or ad's - it's just taking me longer and my anxiety doesn't help x

Briony

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2014, 09:47:58 AM »

You will get there Karenja, but it takes time. To know what's right for you, you need to give things a fair trial. When I was about to give up, peegeetips reminded me she didn't get the full benefits of HRT for six months, so me moaning after three weeks was pointless. Most drugs have side effects, to some extent, but most quickly ease or disappear. The good thing in your case is you've already survived Ultrogestan orally, so taking it vaginally should be easier with regard to side effects. I have not yet come across anyone on here who took it vaginally then swapped to oral input (though stand to be corrected!). You have nothing to lose and your journey will be supported by people on here, for sure x

karenja

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2014, 10:15:06 AM »

That's so good to know briony the support has been a godsend x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5