Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Estradot & UTROGESTAN Experiences Please and how to take  (Read 17324 times)

karenja

Estradot & UTROGESTAN Experiences Please and how to take
« on: November 19, 2014, 06:57:34 PM »

Hello

Now that I last have these on order, can I please have your views good or bad, particularly what its been good for, thanks you and also how to take it, though I know I will have instructions  :banana:xxx

Liz

Re: Estradot & UTROGESTAN Experiences Please and how to take
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 07:08:31 PM »

Hi - I was on Estradot and Utrogestan, but now on Oestrogel and Utrogestan as I found that patches didn't stay on (being a fairly active person).

I've only been on HRT since September so still early days.  The Utrogestan makes me have very vivid dreams and also makes me tired, suffering from sore boobs at the moment.

Am hoping for things to settle down - mood has been good on just one pump of Oestrogel.  What strength patches are you going to use?

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 07:10:23 PM »

I am also on the gel and Utrogestan, personally I prefer to use it vaginally as opposed to orally, what dosage have you been given though?

karenja

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 07:32:13 PM »

Hi Both

Im not sure, I will report back when it arrives, patches that don't stick are a nightmare I get that now with Everol only got one left to use though :) x

Liz

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 07:43:54 PM »

Estradot are supposed to be the best ones for sticking, so hopefully you'll be fine.  I just wanted to try the gel as mine lifted at the edges.

karenja

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 08:45:52 PM »

I have great hope for this hrt :)

Suzyq

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 02:13:03 AM »

I'm on estradot and utrogestan - estradot stick great for me. Utrogestan I use vaginally and it will take a little while to settle in - be patient and don't give in too quickly! I find them great

karenja

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 07:05:07 AM »

Hi Suzyq

After waiting so long to have this hrt Im definitely going to give a proper try, they have given me three months worth (normally give me a month at a time) x

Liz

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 07:39:04 AM »

I'm wondering whether to try my Utrogestan vaginally, but not sure as I sometimes suffer from thrush and don't want to aggravate things.

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 12:31:02 PM »

I am same as Suzyq! I've used Estradot almost ever since I started HRT (apart from 3 months of Evorel sequi) - so for 7 1/2 years and yes they do stick well and are very small so no probs finding somewhere else to stick them. Use (ie change) them exactly as Evorel - twice weekly. I do Monday night and Friday morning for optimal oestradiol levels.

Utrogestan you will usually take orally at night - I am interested that doc has suggested the 25 days and I am wondering if this is because the 200 mg has been discontinued so he (I think he was male?) is prescribing what is in effect the conti dose. However it doesn't matter because I think you said you may well be almost post-meno. What happens with the 100 mg is you will be less likely to build up uterus lining if used for 25 days out of 28 and on medium dose oestrogen, but the 3 days off will let you bleed if you are going to.

Personally I wouldn't want to use it vaginally aalmost all the time - as I am on a long cycle I don't mind doing 12-14 days of this now and again!

Yes I find it mostly great too - although in my case I am affected by the progesterone about 5-6 days into it - but I am taking a higher dose than you probably will be anyway.

Good luck and keep us posted - as Suzyq says be patient! :)

Hurdity x

Suzyq

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 03:56:16 PM »

Hi Liz I am also prone to thrush but haven't had any problems at all!

karenja

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 06:34:28 PM »

thanks everybody just remembered the chemist said they would have the estradot in today and Ultogeston Friday and would ring me today, they haven't think Im doomed not to have it :) x

karenja

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 06:35:48 PM »

I will post when I have both of them to let you know what doses I have x

karenja

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 05:42:01 PM »

My Utrogestan has arrived, I have 3 packs of this (Utorgestan 100) it says I have to take one to twenty five of each 28 day oestrogen hrt cycle and three packs of Estradot 50 micrograms patches to be applied twice per week (3 boxes of 8 patches), v confusing so Im using them both together then?? x

Suzyq

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 06:51:24 PM »

Yep you use together 1 patch changed very 3.5 days and utrogestan every night for 25 days! I don't have a break from utrogestan - just do it continuously as I was told to, but I believe either method is correct! I stick the patch on my bum (under knicker line) for better absorption. Good luck!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5