Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: 4th hrt Preparation and dont want to take this one, UTROGESTAN please  (Read 3696 times)

karenja

Hello me yet again getting more and more and more frustrated, Elleste Duet, Everol Conti Femseven and now an unopened pack of Prempak-C 0.625mg/0.15Mg on the table in front of me which I am not keen to take at all, I cant seem to get on with the synthetic progesterone and Mr gp has not heard of or cant find in her little book, Ive taken the pip code, she has said she would need the manufacturer which I think Ive located, but in the meantime has given me Prempak telling me it has Utrogestan in it (it hasn't) can I go back and say I don't want to take Prempak and please will you have another look for Utrogestan, or do I go private, Ive found a Dr Annie in Bristol who was mentioned on another post, I have had this reply from her practice Dr. Annie would be able to help you (she does prescribe micronised progesterone,  and can advise your GP). To be able to do this she would need to see you for a consultation,however, and wonders whether you would feel able to book in to see her in the Nuffield hospital in Bristol, I don't really want to pay to see somebody but Im running out of any hope to get myself sorted  :angryfire:

sweatybet

Re: 4th hrt Preparation and dont want to take this one, UTROGESTAN please
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 08:07:38 PM »

Hi

It's made by Besins healthcare.

SB

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 08:08:37 PM »

You should not need to go private karenja.

If you want to try utrogestan then, since your GP is unwilling or ill-informed, might I suggest a muich chepaer compromise that you have a consultation with Dr Currie for £25 (or perhaps you've done this already - I can't remember? I think you might have?) and in your question, ask he if she wouldn't mind giving instructions for the GP on how to order it?

You should at least be able to try this for 3 months and see if it suits you without all this hassle!

Hurdity x

karenja

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 08:21:06 PM »

thanks Hurdity I know and I don't really want to pay I think its like £180, I did email Dr Currie ages ago may do that again its certainly cheaper, can I just take the prempax back unopened?

Thanks sweatybet love the name :) x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 08:40:52 PM »

Any medication returned will be destroyed  :-\ - have you got a Practice Nurse at the Practice?

tiger74

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 11:05:16 PM »

Sounds like an extremely frustrating situation.

I agree you should not have to spend your money on going private for this.  Neither should you have to tell your GP how to order a specific prescription only medication!  I know nothing about HRT and I've just Googled 'Utrogestan' and found the manufacturer.  Sounds like your GP is being purposely obstructive which is hassle you could well do without.

Hopefully, armed with the information sweatybet has provided (that perhaps could be verified by a call to your local pharmacy) you can go back to your GP and get it prescribed on the NHS or, at least be given a full explanation of why your GP doesn't feel able to prescribe it rather than "I can't find it in my book".

Yes, as CKLD has indicated, once a medication has been dispensed and removed from the building the pharmacy cannot use it again (because they cannot vouch for how it's been stored or whether it's been tampered with).  They can take it back so that it can be disposed of correctly though. 

All the best, stick to your guns.     
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:25:22 PM by tiger74 »

karenja

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 09:14:40 AM »

Sucessful today :))))

Millykin

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 10:20:18 AM »

Hope this is the one :D
X

tiger74

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 10:34:19 AM »

Hooray karenja - did your GP suddenly see the light?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 03:13:13 PM »

Oh do tell!

karenja

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 06:17:19 PM »

well I saw a male dr, and went through the same story that the lady dr could not find UTROGESTAN in her book so I gave him the name of manufacturer, he didn't even look at my piece of paper went straight to the book and found it, I also asked for Estradot for the estrogen though I know v little about this but Dr Currie suggested this when I emailed her a while ago, I was totally confused about how I take what and when Im hoping this will be all clear when I read the instructions.  I cant start it yet another week on Everol Conti (half patches now) then the previous dr said I am to wait to see if I have a bleed (haven't for months though) and then take new hrt or if no bleed go back for a blood test to see where I am with my peri, I just want to take it Ive waited so long, hoping it helps x

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 06:36:38 PM »

Good news then! Hope it works for you. I was given it - without any fuss at all - but then couldn't use it as I have an allergy to soya which is in the capsule. It's such a shame you have had to fight so hard though.

Taz x