Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Morning Adrenalin Rush  (Read 4293 times)

toffeecushion

Morning Adrenalin Rush
« on: November 17, 2014, 06:50:37 AM »

Does anyone else get a morning adrenalin rush.  I am fine when I first wake up but gradually over the next half hour or so I feel as though I have eaten a load of sugar and am buzzing on the inside.  It builds up until I eventually need to go to the toilet and then I start to feel a bit better.  I hate it, it's quite scary, makes me very anxious.

Machair

Re: Morning Adrenalin Rush
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 07:25:40 AM »

100% yes but not all the time- it comes and goes but it is dreadful. I believe it is because hormone levels are at their lowest in the early morning which is why we often wake up sweating at 5am.

At my worst I would wake up drenched in sweat and have to rush to the toilet in a panic- I had this on holiday last year every morning in The Maldives, and it made breakfast very difficult as it kept coming in waves, and I would have to leave the dining room to find a toilet. It was worse there as of course it is very humid. Especially bad was the morning we flew home as we had an early start, and I was having attacks even on the plane which was horrible as of course it affects the bowels- then you panic more in case you are not going to get to the toilet in time.Of course you do but in a confined space you think otherwise.

It does get better, I am not as bad at the moment and do not wake up in this state very often- however my periods came back in the summer and so I think I have more hormones at the moment, or at least they are not fluctuating as much.

toffeecushion

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 07:30:50 AM »

It must have been awful for you, especially on a plane.

It doesn't happen to me all the time, but it not nice when it does.  I actually woke up in the middle of the night last night feeling sick, wonder if that is linked to hormones fluctuating as well.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 09:41:11 AM »

Hello toffeecushion.

I feel at my worst in the mornings as well and need the toilet first thing.  There have been times when I've woken up almost gasping for air with my heart pounding but I haven't had that for a while so maybe that particular phase has passed.

I felt better when I learned from this site that adrenalin is naturally higher in the mornings, but of course it's still a horrible thing to deal with.

Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

K.

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 09:58:33 AM »

I am another one who gets this.  Looking back I think I have had it for years but not as severely as recently.  However as someone who has always had a bit of a struggle to go to the loo in the morning it is actually a welcome relief not to have to take something to help.  Could do without the panic that comes with it though it usually subsides by about 10.30 and is gone by lunch time. 

It's a bit of a pig though.

toffeecushion

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 10:09:32 AM »

Its strange how it gets better as the day goes on

Machair

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 11:32:17 AM »

I think the hope with this is that it is not going to be forever as I am much better at the moment. Last Christmas we drove back from The Outer Hebrides to Essex, a journey we make a lot and we started off from a hotel that we stayed in to break the journey. I had to go to the loo twice in breakfast, and I must have been to every service area toilet on route home for the first three hours. I didn't actually need the loo that much but the waves of adrenaline were horrific.I have made the same journey three times since then, and each time no symptoms at all, and so glad not to have to keep stopping on the M6!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 03:20:29 PM »

I used to be like this when blood sugar was low in the morning + being worried about Life  :'(

Worse when I can't find a loo  :-\

Having a biscuit by the bed can help if 1 wakes in the night for a bathroom visit  ;)

TropicalVon69

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 04:42:35 PM »

I was having this for a while too TC but has eased off...hope yours does too XXX

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 04:46:41 PM »

I had to visit the bathroom every morning before leaving the house.
I'm a bit the same if we are travelling or going to be away from a bathroom all day  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 04:50:42 PM »

I've had this on and off for years too. Most difficult and has stopped me staying with friends if they have only one loo! Typical of IBS http://www.patient.co.uk/health/irritable-bowel-syndrome-leaflet  However, if the symptoms are new it's always advisable to get them checked out with the GP

Taz x

Lynjane

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 10:57:24 AM »

I get that hyped feeling occasionally to, and it usually precedes a trip to the loo.....it's all so damn weird isn't it?!