Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 67

Author Topic: It's not Christmas yet!  (Read 147667 times)

cubagirl

Re: It's not Christmas yet!
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2016, 09:59:37 PM »

It's OK, I'm not offended Elizabethrose. Way I've always been.  ::)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2016, 10:05:14 PM »

Hahaha, you go girls!!

littleminnie

« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2016, 07:58:12 AM »

I haven't bought or given any thought to presents though.  Just outdoor lights. Going to look at 🌲 today.    :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2016, 12:06:08 PM »

NNOOOO   â€¦â€¦â€¦..  ;D  is that artificial trees?

Our lights remain outside but the tree has grown a LOT so branches will require cutting back in order to see them blinking  ::) and I rarely buy anything at this time of year, I wait until the Sales  ;)

Years ago when I had more energy we did all our C.mas shopping in the Jan. Sales  ;D

littleminnie

« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2016, 02:09:18 PM »

Yes the artificial ones. I usually buy a really good one then it will last a few years. I can't really be bothered after Christmas, I'm looking for clothes for my holidays then. 🙃

CLKD

« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2016, 04:05:57 PM »

We've had our artificial for over 20 years  -  it goes back into the loft space 'dressed', ready to bring down the next Dec., plug lights in and Hey Presto!  :D

Scampi

« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2016, 09:51:43 AM »

We've decided to spend Christmas at our caravan this year (decision driven by not having a working oven at home! - getting kitchen re-done completely in the new year, so there is no way we are spending anything on repairing or renewing appliances until then!!) - I'm on the look-out now for external decorations as our usual little indoor tree and single string of lights is not going to suffice!!

ellie

« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2016, 11:08:54 AM »

Scampi, that's something we keep thinking we might do too...when you say external, do you mean  eletric outdoor decks?

Scampi

« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2016, 12:34:00 PM »

We have a deck on the caravan - usually we just have one string of white lights on the deck for Christmas, but in the past we've not been there for Christmas itself.  So this year I want to decorate outside a bit more - might see if I can find an outdoor pre-lit tree.  I just want to make it look pretty!  It'll be the first Christmas hubby and I have spent on our own (my daughter was almost 3 when I met him) and I don't want it to turn into just another trip to the caravan ... for me, decorations help to capture that special mid-winter atmosphere  :)

ellie

« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2016, 12:52:27 PM »

:) I could have written that myself scampi  ;).......The decking would look lovely with a tree on it.
   Have you looked on Amazon?  They have some.
We have never been to our caravan for Xmas day, but we have been for new year, and the atmosphere is lovely.......

Scampi

« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2016, 03:23:29 PM »

We've done New Year at the 'van every year since we got it (5 years now) - we went to the club the first couple of years, but it's too full and noisy for us really, so we stay in and do our own thing.  Lots of the caravans have loads of decorations out and the whole site looks lovely - I'm really looking forward to being there for Christmas Day this year  :)

littleminnie

« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2016, 07:19:01 PM »

There are loads of outdoor prelit trees about Scampi. The garden centres have a lot. Argos too I think.

CLKD

« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2016, 07:57:49 PM »

Also, solar lights which light up at dusk are lovely too and there are several types i.e. white or coloured light.

CLKD

« Reply #148 on: November 02, 2016, 07:25:43 PM »

;D ….. that's one way to avoid C.mas  -  need any help?

ellie

« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2016, 06:36:59 PM »

>:( have just driven past a house with a big Christmas tree all lit up in their bay window..... TOO SOON!!
    Anyone else seen one yet, apart from the usual shop ones? 🎄🎄🎄🎄  :(
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 67