Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Menopause Symptoms Lets Compare  (Read 35106 times)

karenja

Menopause Symptoms Lets Compare
« on: November 07, 2014, 07:17:00 PM »

Hi I thought I would list symptoms Ive had over the last six months or so to compare with other ladies to see whats normal if normal is the word :?

Palpatations, night sweats, flushes, chest pain, anxiety resulting in panic attacks and tight chest, pain in leg sometimes, numbness in arms or leg on times, headaches, feeling faint, tiredness even after a proper nights sleep, forgetfulness, memory blanks bruises, foot cramp, crying, spaced out feelings... Im sure I will think of more  :sigh:oh yes increase in boob size (not so bad) putting on weight around stomach, bottom and thighs, lack of exercise as afraid to due to anxiety, health anxiety due to anxiety! very often thinking something bad will happen to me, oh dear the list is far longer than I thought xx

Shazzie

Re: Menopause Symptoms Lets Compare
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »

Hiya Karen

I had all the symptoms you describe especially the palpitations, night sweats, insomnia and increase in weight around middle.  It did settle down once I started Evorel Conti patches but 7 months in the palps have started again so I have increased the dose.

Isn't the menopause lovely??  Not!!!

Shazzie x

Lizzy V

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 10:50:36 AM »

I came off HRT in September and realised I'd forgotten about all the symptoms which came back worse than ever >:( Been having hot flushes, crippling headaches and unexplained anxiety. Also I'd been having trouble with my shoulder before I started taking HRT. That went away but now has returned.  Can't sleep and having problems with my skin and added to all of it have had vaginal dryness - a new symptom! No periods though so that's about the only plus! I never realised how bad I felt before. After 2 months I went back to my GP yesterday and now back on HRT so hopefully things will settle. I'm lucky to have a really understanding and helpful GP. Fingers crossed things will improve.
Lizzy x

toffeecushion

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 10:59:30 AM »

I am having so many symptoms that I wonder if they can all be related to the menopause.  My main worry ones are palpitations, headaches and the dreaded anxiety.  Some days can be so overwhelming and I find it difficult to cope with even the simplest of things.

Millykin

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 11:11:21 AM »

Yip most of the list!
Palpitations (worst symptom )
Chest tightness
Feeling suffocated
Anxiety (health)
Fuzzy eyes
Leg pain
Tingly left arm
Nausea
Stomach acid thing (no heartburn)
Sleepiness nights
Extreme tiredness
No appetite
Loss of concentration
One headache ( 10 day rotter )
RLS worse
And more lol
Feeling good now although this heart thing scares me a lot all ok last year on tests though.
Things I wish for are weight gain at bum and boobs I'm just a stick  ;D

Millykin x

karenja

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 11:17:31 AM »

Hi Shazzie, I did find the everol helped my night sweats, flushes and anxiety to a certain extent, but I then found I could no longer stick the progesterone patches so am not on femseven as a different type of progesterone and am really hoping it will be better, still on estrogen at the moment and feeling really weird today though,hope the increase in dose for you will help, assume your ok on the conti patches?
Lizzie, hope hrt helps you feel a bit better, wish I had more understanding gp's its half the battle, this site helps me so much more
Toffeecushion I know exactly how you feel, it wears you out, its completely changes my life, must be nice to find the right hrt or whatever to help, are you on hrt or anything? xxx

karenja

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 11:21:33 AM »

Hello Millykin

Good (if good is the word) to see we have similar symptoms, its reassuing to know it is just hormones or hrt side effects and nothing serious, im very concerned about my heart to, somedays, well a lot of the time I actually think Im going to keel over and die, it sounds very melodramatic by its true, it is very scary just horrible  :hug:

Millykin

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 11:31:08 AM »

Ye if it wasn't for this site I would be at GP most days hounding them, one minute I feel ok then the next my heart or pain around near it sets me off, still need to get on with it, as I was told your heart wouldn't be able to take it (pain, thumps etc) everyday most of the day for over a year if it was serious, ok them saying that but at the time for us this is serious lol. I tend to try and ignore it now get up and do something toilet, drink water anything if I'm going to keel over it will happen sitting dwelling won't help ;D
As you can guess I'm having good day so far,  ;D
X

toffeecushion

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 12:01:40 PM »

Karenja - I'm not on anything, GP doesn't think it is menopause related even though I'm 48.

Briony

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 12:33:43 PM »

Millykin, I could have written your post. I was so relieved you mentioned nausea as I have it badly (and really weird burping too  :o) and have always worried it's linked to something more than more hormones. I sympathise with the palpitations situation - it's really disabling; I got to the point I was scared to be out in case I had a heart attack (sounds pathetic, I know!). I also get severe pains in my left arm and shoulder which didn't help quell my fears, though they are apparently nerve related (hence the tingling/crawling I also sometimes get, especially across my shoulder blades).

I started Evorel 50 a week today and my intermittent , "squeezing" arm and calf pain and dizziness has reappeared during the week (not had it for several months). Now don't know if it's the effects of my normal cycle and therefore a coincidence (due on in a week) or else if the estrogen is for some reason making my symptoms worse? Does anyone know how long the patches take to kick in?  B x

Millykin

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 12:42:23 PM »

Don't know about patched I'm on Femoston 1/10 and been 7 months, things easing gradually over these months, the nausea was horrible couldn't eat at all but now I'll eat everything and could do with it. Hopefully someone will tell you about patches. Think I've had every serious illness you can think of  ;D and some made up! Helps when you know others are going through. Imagine if we were all put in one room!

karenja

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 01:08:17 PM »

id actually love it if we could be put in one room so we can moan away and get feedback but this site is the next best thing :) x

toffeecushion

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 01:08:37 PM »

I pity our poor partners

karenja

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »

I haven't got one, but if I did I would pity him too, I just moan on here :) x

Millykin

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2014, 01:15:35 PM »

Mines calls this "menopause Facebook "
My girls asked what I'm always doing on phone or PC he told them I'm on Facebook and girls said why dont you add us? He said your too young (in their 20s) try in 20-30 years, they just gave him weird look lol
X
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7