Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Pill versus patch ...... Please help!!!  (Read 1514 times)

Jmb

Pill versus patch ...... Please help!!!
« on: October 30, 2014, 12:33:37 PM »

just posted this on the wrong forum..........says it all about my foggy brain, sorry.

«

I've been on femoston Conti 1mg /5mg for 3months and apart from some nausea it's been good until I came out in a full body rash last week mainly bottom half. The GP has switched me to femoston conti patches weekly. I've just finished my first weekly patch and feel very foggy brained. The rash is gone virtually so sadly it must have been the pill. My doctor has said see how the patches go. This morning I nearly rang her because I feel so out of it. But I guess one week isn't very long. Also getting hold of these patches is rather difficult. I don't know if it's a manufacturing supply problem or popularity!
Please help!

Dancinggirl

Re: Pill versus patch ...... Please help!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 01:57:03 PM »

It'll probably be the constant progesterone - it can have a sedative effect.  Perhaps try sequential HRT - many women keep with the sequi regime into post meno and put up with a monthly bleed so they don't feel tired all the time.   Dg x

karin

Re: Pill versus patch ...... Please help!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 06:44:57 PM »

Progesterone did that to me also i was on evorel sequi and 2 weeks in 4 i was woolly headed