Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Zero tolerance?  (Read 5089 times)

Lynjane

Zero tolerance?
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:36:14 AM »

I am 9 years into meno, and have been dealing with all of the usual symptoms; mood swings, flushes, loss of libido, weight gain etc Some of these symptoms have just about started to get a bit less severe, but the one thing which is getting worse and more difficult to deal with is, my total lack of tolerance with situations and people! I find that if I'm talking to someone whose conversation doesn't interest me, I have to bite my tongue or walk away...I just cannot put up with the c**p people go on about! And as for being in situations I find tiresome, I either just will not go there, or I get up and walk out!! Basically, most people and social situations, in the world outside my immediate family (and even some of them), get on my b****y nerves!!! 😠 anyone else feel like this?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Zero tolerance?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 12:07:51 PM »

May I giggle ………. yep.  I have found out my levels of who I want to interact with and those I don't want to breath the same air as  ;) - the list gets longer weekly  :o

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 12:29:06 PM »

I am pretty anti social these days but that's more anxiety based than anything else.

As far as my immediate family are concerned I am probably more not less tolerant.
I used to be pretty volatile temper wise. Now I can't remember the last time I blew my top.
I just can't summon up the enthusiasm so keep my mouth closed.

Honeyb
x

Lynjane

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 12:41:17 PM »

Yes, CLKD, you may giggle as much as you like! In fact sometimes if I didn't laugh at situations, I'd probably break down completely!! :'( !! Honeybun I used, in my 20's and 30's, to have a volatile temper with everyone (prob PMT related), but shame made me learn to really control it, which I did very well! But, during the menopause, I seem to be more brittle and care less, not so much with my husband, kids and grand-daughter (she's a joy), but we are a blended family, and oh boy, does the 'other side's' neediness and possesiveness try me sorely!!  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 01:11:58 PM »

Family dynamics are hard to handle.

Maybe it's apathy on my part but I just can't be bothered enough about some things to even react. The only one that really pushes my buttons is my mother and I don't know why my reaction to her is different than to almost everyone else.

I mat loose my temper less but I have managed to learn to stand my ground when it counts and calmly say what I think.

Strange how we are all so different.

Honeyb
x

Rowan

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 01:25:49 PM »

Trouble is other people could be thinking the same about us :o

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 01:29:18 PM »

How right you are SL  :lol:

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 03:13:06 PM »

Oh I used to have a very short fuse, but becoming more tolerant. I tend to switch off nowadays during boring conversations or nip to the loo.  :) However, I will not stand for anyone who chooses to try & walk over me.

I can still flip on occasion, mainly with hubby. But I just tell him to his face so he knows where he stands. He just smiles. It's a bit like that car ad where couple fall out, then he sends a text "Forgive him he's an idiot."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:38:05 PM by cubagirl »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 03:29:53 PM »

I don't blow as often ……….. my sister pushes my buttons too so I have little to do with her ……

I don't know either Mum's phone number nor my sister's 'off by heart'  :-\ and neither are on my mobile list.

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 03:56:54 PM »

Hello Lynjane.

Yep, count me in on this. Absolutely everything and everyone annoys me these days. It's not just mild irritation either, I can feel furious at the drop of a hat.  I used to be such a reasonable person but not since that fateful day four years ago when my periods stopped and I went over to the dark side...

Take care and keep posting.

K.

groundhog

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 06:18:57 PM »

Yes I'm the same.  Am very intolerant or certain people or situations,  can find my mood changes on a whim.  It's more frustrating as sometimes you cannot delete these people from your life so you have to grin and bear it :(
I'm a real grumpy old so and so :(

Mrs January

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 07:32:25 PM »

Hey folks

Me too, I am like this .......mood changes on a pin, and tolerance is low at times although professionally I can usually tolerate it......

New man of 5 months gets right on my pip just now so is now ex.....

Maybe it is better to be alone until I get to grips with work stress and meno

Mrs January xxx

Linsey44

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 08:23:38 PM »

Great topic.  Apparently according to everyone else I am more mellow, I fail to see how they come to that conclusion.  Doesnt take much to flick my switch to volatile/ vile depending on my mood.

My husband thought I would be a nightmare after getting ovaries out earlier this year, just mentioned other day how he thought I was a lot calmer than before op.

My oh my hasnt hrt lulled him into a false senseof security!!!!

Ju Ju

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 08:43:52 PM »

I think I am more assertive than I used to be. I no longer tolerate people treating me badly; I either walk or speak up, which ever is the most appropriate. I used to keep quiet and not make waves. Interestingly, I haven't been treated badly recently.

I do get irritated by bad or inconsiderate driving. The language gets a bit blue in my car at times!

Mrs January

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 10:15:12 PM »

Hi

I think it is important to be try to ourselves, however that looks. We only live once and should enjoy it every minute we can x
Pages: [1] 2