Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New to Menopause Matters... New to HRT Patches!  (Read 12748 times)

Mandy H

New to Menopause Matters... New to HRT Patches!
« on: August 24, 2014, 09:14:13 AM »

Hi everyone  :)

Been suffering anxiety/depression since Feb tried various AD's (SSRI's) with no luck, also having Counselling.  As my GP was reluctant to explore if it was hormone related my Counsellor advised me to self-refer to our local Menopause Clinic (the Dr there told me of this website) for advice.  I was prescribed Evorel Conti patches.  Only applied them little over a week but seem to be crying more than ever!!  Would appreciate any advice/personal experiences i.e. how long before I may feel positive effects of HRT.  When I went back to GP for prescription he still dismissed HRT and said it was AD's I needed.  I'm willing to try anything to get out of this dark place.
Thanks, in anticipation!

Taz2

Re: New to Menopause Matters... New to HRT Patches!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 09:22:55 AM »

Hi Mandy - welcome to the forum.

It can take a while to get used to HRT and for the side effects to settle down so it is worth persevering. Some women do find that the progesterone in Evorel can cause low mood and pmt type symptoms though so it would be worth considering changing to Femseven which has a kinder progesterone if you find the side effects are too great for you to cope with.

How long ago is it since your last period if you don't mind me asking?

You will find lots of support and advice on here and there's always someone around to share things with, good or bad, so you wont feel so alone now.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

jo61

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 10:01:50 AM »

Feeling confused !! is femseven patches the same progesterone as femoston tablets

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 10:43:35 AM »

Hi Mandy - Welcome.

Like Taz - says lots of ladies have problems with the progesterone part of Evorel conti.
Things may settle down over the next few weeks you've not been using them for long.

Mandy H

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 11:31:23 AM »

Hi Taz n Limpy

Thanks for the advice I'll take it all on board... that's all I need, low mood on top of my low mood!  I ad my last period approx 3 yrs ago.  In the past could cope with all that was thrown at me then over the last couple years anxiety got the better of me for some reason, confidence dropped, I'm not the person I used to be  :(  but staying POSITIVE as much as pos and hoping hormones the culprit!!  Glad I was told about this site, "a problem shared..." as the saying goes.

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 11:43:04 AM »

Hello and welcome from another newbie. I have no experience of HRT so cannot comment, just wanted to welcome you. It's very nice here I am sure many others can help you with your questions.

Mandy H

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 12:00:23 PM »

Thanks babyjane for your welcome message, I'm feeling reassured already about the support members give each other  :)

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 01:25:01 PM »

Feeling confused !! is femseven patches the same progesterone as femoston tablets

Hi Jo. They are different. The progesterone in FemSeven is levonorgestrel and in Femoston it's dydrogesterone.

Taz x

karenja

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 05:57:11 PM »

welcome Mandy H, Ive been suffering from anxiety too hormone related, I didn't like ad's so on same patches as you Im on day two of the conti patches now, I did start to feel much better on the evorel 50 for the last few days on them, give it time you will get some odd feelings, I still am, but Im determined to give it chance, hope you feel a bit better soon x

Mandy H

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 03:43:23 PM »

Hi karenja, thanks for your message. It's first time I've tried HRT so not quite sure what to expect or timescale.  Got fingers crossed it WILL help.  Will be interesting to know how we both get on, please keep me posted from your end. x

karenja

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 04:41:49 PM »

Hi ManydyH, Im on day three of the conti patches now, it hasn't been a good day, woke with anxiety and have had it off and on most of the day, disappointing as day on on this patch was up and down, day 2 fine and now this, Im due to change the patch tomorrow, so will keep you posted, hope its going ok with you x

Gail

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 06:25:25 PM »

Hi everyone

I'm new to the site too My doctor is the same regarding hrt im feeling anxious bad panic attacks and poor concentration and so tired during the day due to sleepless nights even after having a week in the sun last week it didn't stop the anxiety which got worse first day back at work today. Do any members have any suggestions to combat this other then hrt

Thanks for reading x

karenja

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 07:27:19 PM »

Hi Gail, Speaking personally Im trying hrt patches now, but my doctor suggested Citalopram which is an anti depressant, which I didn't like, other than that you could  try some herbal remedies, they do suit some people, just don't mix too many of them like I was which may have actually made me worst according to my doctor, sorry I cant be more help but I know what your going through x

Gail

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 04:43:26 PM »

Hi Karenja

Thanks for your advice and your lovely comments.

I have just started using serenity cream recommended by one of my colleagues, I have only been using for a short time but have had a better sleep the last few nights. Wondered if any members had had a reduction of symptoms using this xx

Mandy H

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 04:24:10 PM »

Hi Karenja and Gail.  I'm doubting the patches as still crying a lot, and I don't mean weepy I mean BAWLING!  I'm not due back to menopause clinic for over 2 months so not sure what to do.  Taz2 mentioned changing to ones called Femseven.  Does anyone know if the patches can only be prescribed, or if you are able to purchase 'off the shelf'??   I did read that low magnesium/zinc can play a big part on low mood, and that magnesium is particularly good for nerves/anxiety.  I did lot of 'googling' and it seems magnesium taurate is the best tolerated type. I  purchased some along with liquid ionic zinc... honestly I will try anything.  I wonder how I've gone from being strong and confident to a quivering wreck  :( -  I have a supportive family tho' they don't understand why I'm now like I am either so nice to have some impartial support on here.  Just about to look up serenity cream, not heard of it. xx
Pages: [1] 2 3