Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi and Leg Pain  (Read 17411 times)

karenja

Evorel Sequi and Leg Pain
« on: August 21, 2014, 06:16:51 AM »

Hi Ive mentioned this before under a different topic, has anybody had any experience of leg aching/pain when the patch is on that side (on bottom), I swopped sides the weekend and it was ok and now Ive gone back to that side its back, its intermittent so cant be anything bad but cant help worry!, also keep coming out in bruises have a big black on this morning at top of leg (not where patch is) I cant see anything about this in side effects but I haven't knocked myself so not sure, day 11 now, soon to start conti patches hopefully be fine

Taz2

Re: Evorel Sequi and Leg Pain
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 11:42:48 AM »

I wouldn't think the aching was related to the patch at all karenja or it would surely happen on both sides of the body?  Not sure about the bruising. If you experience more bruising on other parts of the body it would be worth asking your doc to do a full blood check to rule out any problems.

Lots of us develop sciatica as we get older which can cause the aching you describe. Does the pain radiate down the leg at all?

Taz x

Milamam

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 11:55:47 AM »

Hi karenja, is the pain like heaviness due to veins or more like bruises? I am on tablet HRT and am now getting some pain in my right leg due to varicose veins there. I can't decide whether this is due to the estrogen or the hot weather or both. But when I was pregnant, the pain and heaviness were much worse , so I am hopeful this will pass. I apply a gel that I have used before and if no improvement, might go see a doctor. What I am worried is I don't want to be prescribed a med for this unless absolutely necessary.
Hope you will feel better!

Mila xxx

karenja

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 05:06:45 PM »

Hi Taz, the pain does radiate but not past my knee its more the top end, strange really like any achy pain, Milamam I do have varicose veins but near the ankle in the same leg, let me know if the pain improves with you, or if you do go to the doctor what he suggests xx

karin

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 05:45:56 PM »

Funny i got a big bruise! My legs felt heavy initially but it went away- im on 50 what dose are you on?

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 06:42:55 PM »

I really don't think it will be the patches or as Taz said it would happen in both legs.

I often have cuts or bruises that I have not got a clue about. I think you are perhaps looking for some connection to the HRT that is not there.

If you are worried then maybe visit your GP.

Honeyb
x

karenja

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 06:32:21 AM »

Hi Karin, Im on 50 also, due to start the sequi ones tomorrow, how are you getting on with them now any better?

Hi Taz, yes the doctor has only given me a months supply of patches so I will definitely mention this when I call them for further supplies

karenja

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 06:35:32 AM »

sorry Honeybun it was you who mentioned the gp, its the menupause Im all forgeful :-*

karin

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 04:46:52 PM »

Hi karenja
I didnt like the 2nd type of patches initially- I had a bit of a headache and felt a bit hyper for a few days- didn't sleep well either for 2 nights. But all settled down and feel fine( slightly prefer the oestrogen weeks but wouldn't go back now) as everyone has said, your body had to get used to the changes and i certainly feel better now than before, especially in terms of 90%less flushes no night sweats since so far, and great sleep most nights. Don't panic if you have a few symptoms when you start, they will settle. Keep posting and good luck xx

karenja

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 06:28:25 PM »

thanks Karin, at least I know I may get a few funny things happening when I change patches, tomorrows the day! fingers crossed xx

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 07:18:14 PM »

Try not to anticipate things. When I started my patches I had never been on MM so had no idea things might be different.

Take it as it comes.... I was absolutely fine.

Honeyb

karenja

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 07:34:39 PM »

Hi Honeybun, you must be a mind reader, Im sat here getting myself worked up already, I know everybody is different and its silly, what is mm by the way? x

Limpy

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 07:34:54 PM »

The patches may help, you may feel better.
See what happens and give it a little time.

karenja

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 07:42:31 PM »

Hi Limpy Im going to try, the thing is when I was on the elleste duet, four days into the green tablets (progesterone) I had v bad chest pains in the night, resulting in my calling nhs direct who sent paramedics, I was so scared, so cant help feels wary, trying to keep calm though and think positive, as patches are slow release so maybe kinder x

Limpy

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 07:49:58 PM »

Think you are right, the patches should give a more gradual release of hormones.

Hopefully it wasn't the hormones which caused your pain.
I can understand you feeling wary but your Dr wouldn't have prescribed the patches if they felt there was going to be a problem.

Hope you are able to keep calm and don't get too stressed.
Pages: [1] 2 3