Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: throat infection with tight feeling at base of throat  (Read 2593 times)

Katejo

throat infection with tight feeling at base of throat
« on: August 12, 2014, 08:50:25 PM »

I just wonder whether anyone else has had something similar. At the end of June I woke one Sunday morning and found that i had a sudden tightness at the base of my throat. 9 years ago I had  a thyroidectomy and my voice is sometimes a bit husky but this was different. It was worse if I raised my voice. The next day I had a slight temperature which made me think that it was a virus but nothing else happened for 2 weeks. Then I suddenly got a throat infection for which I was given antibiotics by a GP (not my usual practice as i was away). The infection cleared up but was followed by a cold. I am still not 100% back to normal. I have good days and then symptoms return and I still have the tight feeling. It may be improving now but slowly.
I did see a GP about it on my return but he wanted me to wait a couple more weeks before referring me. He arranged blood tests for me. I haven't seen the results yet but the surgery hasn't called me in to see a GP.

Just wondered whether anyone else had had similar? I have had previous throat infection with sore throat and lots of coughing but this was different.  :-\

Rowan

Re: throat infection with tight feeling at base of throat
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 09:27:24 AM »

I have had something similar as an anxiety symptom. but I think you should chase up your blood test results and see your GP.

Katejo

Re: throat infection with tight feeling at base of throat
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 08:26:49 PM »

I now know that the blood test results are all clear. I have a GP appointment tomorrow so have to just wait and see.