Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Feel like a fraud!  (Read 18020 times)

dahliagirl

Re: Feel like a fraud!
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2014, 07:05:44 PM »

Probably best to avoid the ice cream until after the scan..................... :(

Ju Ju

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2014, 11:25:36 PM »

Well saw the mountains, mostly from the rear window of an ambulance. Very prolonged and painful episode this afternoon. Stayed in busy hospital a & e till nearly 12. Would have admitted me if I had lived locally, but dispatched me with ABs, and letter with blood results for GP. Going to attempt journey home tomorrow. Instructions to go to a hospital if need be.

honeybun

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2014, 07:17:16 AM »

Hope you manage to get home safe and sound Ju Ju.

You sound as if you need treatment sooner rather than later. Such a shame your holiday has been ruined.

Take care.

Honeyb
x

Milamam

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2014, 07:38:26 AM »

Ju Ju hope the trip back will be ineventful, yes you should visit your doctor as soon as possible. Cross finges things will work out well,

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2014, 12:47:04 PM »

Bangor then?  Ambulance journeys are a tale unto themselves  ::)
Hopefully once in your own bed and bathroom you will feel a little better.

Taz2

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2014, 04:53:08 PM »

This sound similar to my OH's sister Ju Ju. She put off her gall bladder op due to worries over the after effects but then got an infection called cholecystitis and was in severe pain. She had the operation nine months ago and has been fine ever since - even running a marathon last month. Although it is worrying that some people do develop dumping syndrome it is even more worrying to be severely ill with gall bladder infections.

Hope you feel better soon.

Taz x  :hug:

Ju Ju

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2014, 06:26:51 PM »

No pain today and got home safely. 6 1/2 hours journey, but traffic not too bad. Have an appointment tomorrow with a doctor, who has little bedside manner. I usually refuse to see him as I witnessed him being very rude to a member of staff, but this is bread and butter stuff, not vague. Hubbie will come with me. He's a very useful resource. As for Wales, we'll be back! Well that's 3 ambulance rides this year! Not planning any more!

honeybun

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2014, 06:53:21 PM »

Glad you got home ok Ju Ju.

Taz is right. If you are having this level of pain then dumping syndrome or not you need to get sorted and feel well.

My mother's surgery has a doctor that is awful with bed side manner. He is however a really good doctor so we put up with every thing else.

Honeyb
x

groundhog

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2014, 08:50:57 PM »

Hope you get this sorted soon Ju Ju.  So horrible to be in pain and when y are away from home it's even worse.  My husband had his gall bladder out many years ago when in the Royal Navy.  He had a few attacks of pain and was in agony.  He did have some problems after surgery as in needing to go to loo urgenty after food but this soon settled down.  Hope you don't have to wait too long for your scan so you get some answers.
Best wishes to you and your family xx

Ju Ju

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2014, 07:09:02 PM »

Another day pain free. I saw the doctor, who was very helpful. I have been referred for a scan within the next 2 weeks and been given a prescription for more effective painkillers. I've decided not to drive for a few days, as the pain comes on so quickly, but actually that's not too big an issue as my car needs very expensive work done. If it happens again, we'll call for an ambulance, so things can be sorted out much quicker. Meantime, I feel ok and will just get on with life. I think I've had too much excitement for one year!

Limpy

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2014, 07:33:39 PM »

It's good the doctor was helpful.
Take it his bedside manner was better than you feared?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2014, 08:58:40 PM »

Don't rush about because you feel better and take care with your diet!

Ju Ju

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2014, 04:31:18 PM »

Had another prolonged pain episode yesterday. That's 4 in a week. It was bad and prolonged and the pain killers didn't seem to touch it. I was on my own and eventually decided to ring 999. Answering the questions was difficult as I was finding it so difficult to breathe and think. When the paramedics got here the pain started to ease a bit, but they wanted me to still go to the hospital. One of them said if I was their mum they would have insisted. I wondered if I went I could get a scan done sooner rather than later.

Once I was shown into a cubicle, I was left for 2 hours, staring at the walls and overflowing bins and rubbish on the floors. Eventually bloods were taken, which were normal, thanks to the ABs. I was told to go home, take painkillers and cope with the 'discomfort'. My mild husband had arrived after driving 3 hours and heard this and saw red. To describe such intense pain as discomfort! The doctor was very young and I felt sorry for her. Apparently, because the pain is the only symptom, I'm not a priority.

I went home very low, particularly as my daughters friend had to wait 2 years for treatment. However, she only had the pain occasionally. Then I dreamt they found nothing on the scan and that I was left trying to cope. I'm scared to drive or go anywhere now as it comes on so quickly. Been crying a lot today, though no pain. Not like me. But just had a phone call for a scan on Friday, so maybe my trip to the hospital was not in vain. I don't know what I want to happen. My diet is now so restricted, low fat, low sugar, low carb and wheat free. What is there to eat? The other thing is I have read that HRT and rapid weight loss can cause gall stones, so maybe I have caused this. Sorry feeling low today.

Limpy

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2014, 04:58:28 PM »

Ju Ju - You will have had a big shock yesterday, not surprised you are feeling low today.
It must have been scary being by yourself, well done for ringing the ambulance, they obviously took your pain seriously. Hopefully you will get more information after the scan.

Please don't think you have caused this by using HRT and losing weight rapidly. All you have been doing is to look after yourself and try to maintain your quality of life.

Good luck for Friday. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Lots of (gentle) hugs :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Ju Ju

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2014, 05:59:51 PM »

Thank you Limpy. I'm glad things are better for your husband.  All these things are stressful for the rest of the family. I get interrogated by my newly qualified paramedic son. He rings everyday.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6