Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Feel like a fraud!  (Read 18237 times)

honeybun

Re: Feel like a fraud!
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2014, 06:13:22 PM »

Sorry you are still suffering Ju Ju.

My sis had a scan and gall stones diagnosed. She said she would be prepared to take a cancellation at very short notice. She got a call three weeks later on a Friday and went in on the Monday. It's usually day surgery but she was kept in over night so they could get her meds sorted out.

Hope everything gets sorted quickly for you. Not surprised you have been upset. Anyone would.

:hug:

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2014, 06:36:24 PM »

Oh not again ………. and being left for 2 hours  :bang: …….. not even a peep round the curtains to see if you required a bed pan? cuppa ?  chat ?  :-\

You haven't caused your symptoms, they probably began years ago as gall/kidney stones are usually slow to grow.

Limpy

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2014, 07:45:46 PM »

Thank you Limpy. I'm glad things are better for your husband.

Thanks lots Ju Ju

Ju Ju

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2014, 06:42:26 PM »

Been free of pain since Monday. Had my scan today. As I had waited in the waiting room alongside some pregnant ladies I was tempted to ask whether I was having a boy or girl, but restrained my self to asking if she saw anything to account for the pain I have experienced. She only said there might be gall stones, but to go and see my GP in a week to 10 days.

Limpy

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2014, 07:17:36 PM »

It seems to take a long time to get results.
Chances are she knows already but has to inform your GP first.
Hope you are pain free

:hug:

CLKD

« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2014, 07:40:44 PM »

The Report needs to be typed and sent to the GP …….. if there was anything un-toward I would expect she would have asked for advice from a Consultant …...

Ju Ju

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2014, 04:09:00 PM »

Saw the doctor today and yes it's gall stones, lots of small ones. He has referred me to  a consultant, who he reckons will recommend having my gall bladder removed, particularly in view of the level of pain I have had. I asked the doctor about dumping syndrome, but he said he had never come across this, so a question for the consultant I suppose. Fortunately, I have been pain free for over 2 weeks now, but the doctor and others all shake their heads sagely and say it will come back. Ah well, pain killers and charged phone accompany me everywhere! Just getting on with things, but not venturing too far unaccompanied (scared of having to stop on a motorway).

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2014, 04:12:18 PM »

Why not have laser treatment first, I believe that small stones are knocked with a laser to break them up so that they are passed by the body : or is that kidney stones ?   :-\   â€¦â€¦. make sure that your discuss 'dumping syndrome' with the Consultant so that you are reading from the same page - at least you know ………. nothing sinister.

Limpy

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2014, 04:12:52 PM »

It's good you know what it is.
How long till you see the consultant?

Ju Ju

« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2014, 06:15:46 PM »

I should get an appointment with the consultant within 6-8weeks. I'll discuss all the options and concerns then.  I certainly can't go on with the shadow of such extreme pain coming on at any time, though I am getting more confident in carrying on as usual.

CLKD

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2014, 07:04:19 PM »

Could you take a cancellation appt.? if you ring the Appts Office and suggest that if someone can't attend you could go at short notice ……….  :-\ you might get in earlier!

groundhog

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2014, 08:28:51 PM »

Hi Ju Ju - glad you have had a diagnosis.  My husband had few gall stone attacks and he was crying in pain.  He has had gall bladder removed many years ago and is fine.  The level of pain he had though left him in no doubt about the surgery.  Hope you get to see the consultant soon - we may be having our ops around the same time!   
Best wishes my lovely xx

Ju Ju

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2014, 12:00:48 PM »

Thank you, yes, I really don't think I can live with the threat of the pain, as it is so all consuming. It is 10/10 pain and can go on for hours. I am a bit anxious about going out and about and particularly driving, as it comes on so suddenly, with little time to get to a place of safety. The doctor said that some people can cope with dietary changes and pain killers, but not if they have experienced the pain I have. I will discuss the ins and outs of this with the consultant. One positive thing from all this, is that I do not fear death, but I did fear pain. They say this is one of the worst pains you can experience and I get through it, but not quietly!

honeybun

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »

Ju Ju, have you considered Milk Thistle tablets in the meantime. My hubby takes them as he has little stones in his gall bladder.

I know you will have to have surgery but it might help a bit.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2014, 02:11:55 PM »

I think I fear pain so don't deal with it because I never know how long it will last  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6