Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hello! I sure could use some insight!!  (Read 8610 times)

Karina

Re: Hello! I sure could use some insight!!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 04:11:21 PM »

Hi. I read through your exchanges and just wanted to comment on a couple of things.
  • By psych, do you mean a psychiatrist or a psychologist? There is a BIG difference although most are unaware of that. Psychiatrists here in the US are MD's. They are looking solely for a biological cause that is treated with meds. No free association or talk therapy (counseling). I know many women who are prescribed endless AD's with various awful side effects that just add to their issues as well as make you dependent on the drug.
  • My mother took tamoxifen after BC surgery for many years. When she was 82 she began vaginal bleeding and was diagnosed with uterine cancer. Her doctor at Moffitt told me it was due to her taking Tamoxifen!
I am skeptical of all doctors even though I really like the ones I have. I trust myself more with my own health though and have often gone against the advice. I was told to take Lupron after having a fibroid removed and declined after research. The doc said "Then don't come back to me in 3 years and tell me you can't get pregnant". I was devastated and decided I was getting healthy. Five years later I returned to her and announced my pregnancy. She called him the "miracle baby". He is 13 now  8)

Have you considered alternative medicine to balance the hormones? I wish you luck whatever path you choose.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 07:18:03 PM »

Karina  :welcomemm: and  :thankyou:

Tamoxifen is known to cause possible womb cancer.  I was so ill that I stopped after 4 months. I hadn't felt ill through diagnosis or treatment so didn't want to feel ill on the 'off chance' the drug would halt further breast disease. 

Many years ago our BT had an advert.: "It's good to talk" ..........  ;)

Karina

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 12:40:23 PM »

Thanks for the welcome CLKD! Indeed, sometimes talking with someone is just what you need to get through a rough patch

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 06:10:12 PM »

I thoroughly agree.  Getting stuff out of my head onto paper or during venting sessions really helped me see the wood for the trees.

How are you today Amy?

Amy Dover

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 08:40:31 PM »

Hi CLKD! Thanks for asking! I have written 2 posts yet I don't see them posted,hehe. Apparently I don't know what I'm doing!

I am doing ok today, I guess. The dreadful fear of being alone monster reared it's ugly head with me today. I haven't been alone much lately...so I guess that's why. My wonderful mind gets all out of whack and what goes through it makes no logical sense. Frustrating! I overthink, over worry, about the smallest to the biggest thing!

I went to my therapist yesterday and rather than do emdr, we talked about behavioral stuff. How I need to change mine, to help me get out of this mess. She still thinks hormones are the culprit with me and says I need to give it time to work. Do things whether I want to or feel like it. Anyway emdr starts next week.

In my last post(that didn't post) I wanted to know about you...your story, age  ::) , etc. just about your life. If you want to share. I would like to focus on someone besides me.

Thanks for checking on me!
A

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2014, 06:16:16 PM »

If you scan back I did kind-of answer your query  ;) and many years ago I wrote my history here  ::) which has probably disappeared into the ether.

I don't see the sense in pushing one-self - I do not let the pantry run down, we go shopping before it's really necessary so that I don't back myself into a corner and 'have' to go.  We go shopping when it's less busy.  We use a list so that I buy the essentials first, anything that I can browse round; i.e. shampoo, bubble bath etc., magazines ; is a bonus.  (Sorry to be thick but what is 'emdr'? ) ......

Being alone - yep that's an age thing, I believe we had a thread on that too.  I DREAD my DH dying ..... he's been my rock since 1970, has rarely been annoyed no matter how many times we've bought tickets but I've had to leave or not get there at all. 

Amy Dover

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 12:44:06 PM »

Thanks CLKD....I just was making convo. Apparently I need to learn a lot about forum etiquette and haven't read enough. This is new to me and I didn't know if I was supposed to continue with existing thread or not. Live and learn

My apologies

A

Amy Dover

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 01:14:55 PM »

Oh and emdr stands for eye movement desensitization  reprocessing. It is done with a therapist and has had great success with PTSD patients and has been used to help with fear/anxiety. My therapist says she has seen great success using it. It works to connect the logical and emotional sides of the brain. Read about it! It's very interesting and difficult to explain how it works.

A

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 02:01:08 PM »

:thankyou:  Amy you're doing just fine on here <wave>.  We are one happy family (usually  ::) ) and we sometimes talk about meno.  ;D

Have you found our humerous joke room yet  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]