Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 3392 times)

kiltgirl

Hi there
« on: August 01, 2014, 05:04:25 PM »

Hi ladies, mind if I join you?

My name's Elaine, I'm 45 and have been having peri symptoms for the past 3 or 4 years, getting so much worse lately that I bit the bullet and went to my GP for help. I didn't have to say much other than the state my cycle is in...gone from very short to 6-7+ weeks. She precribed me Evorel Sequi as I said I didn't want to have oral HRT...

My symptoms have been: awful sweats, day and night, followed by chills; hair loss, crushing tiredness, mood swings, bad bad pain in the back of my calves and heels if I stand and walk after sitting; neck and shoulder pain. My digestion also seems to have been affected. Anxiety and depression also been bad, for a few days each cycle I really wouldn't have minded if someone took a gun and shot me. Tinnitus much louder, and for the first time in over 20 years my vision has worsened...suddenly I need reading glasses!! :o Also, I'm single at the moment but the last time I had sex I was kinda dry which is not like my rampant self at all!! sorry if that's TMI  ::)

It's lucky I love a good moan...

Have been reading the posts on here for a few weeks now, thought I would join in and say hello :) x

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:05:58 PM by kiltgirl »

Dancinggirl

Re: Hi there
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 05:25:46 PM »

Hello and welcome
Moan away - we're here to listen and help. Hope you are getting some relief from symptoms with the patches. 
Read up all the stuff under the headings to the left of this screen - it's very good to be clued up.
DG x

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 05:33:04 PM »

Hi Kiltgirl

Welcome to the forum.

There's lots of info in the menus on the left.
If you have a browse around other posts you will see you are so so not alone, good this meno thing init........ ::)

BTW - Impressed with your GP being on the ball and prescribing HRT without a battle.

:welcomemm:

kiltgirl

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 05:38:24 PM »

Hi Limpy and Dancing Girl

thank you for your welcomes!

LOve this site, there's so much on here, it really does feel better knowing we're not alone with this.

Having some problems with my patches already but have posted it on the main bit, think that's the right thing to do??
Feeling v old lady at the moment, had to but a mattress topper so my hips don't ache in the morning...am only 45, what's that all about lol..

Elaine x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 05:50:22 PM »

:bighug:  browse round, join in - we have a humerous room too  ;) …….. read the menus, left of screen; ask what you like, someone is usually around  ::)

kiltgirl

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 06:54:23 PM »

Hi CLKD and thanks,

good to know there is some funny stuff on here, keep catching myself taking it all too seriously, going to find my way round the menus x

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 07:29:22 PM »

:welcomemm:

Welcome to another Scott. Browse around and join in. We are a friendly bunch.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 08:20:23 PM »

Oh we have a giggle sometimes  ;)

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 09:20:12 AM »

Hello Kiltgirl and welcome to the forum.

This site and the ladies on it are fabulous and you will benefit so much from joining in, I know I have.

Take care and keep posting.

K.

kiltgirl

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 12:18:31 PM »

Thank you Kathleen  :)

so happy to find this site, have already been saved from one (un)sticky situation!!

Not sure where we would be without places like this when we need it x