Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thinking one thing saying something different!!!  (Read 12935 times)

Sweetlittlemaiden

Thinking one thing saying something different!!!
« on: June 26, 2014, 05:54:31 AM »

Hi all, since becoming peri I have noticed that I can be talking about something and all of a sudden something completely random pops out of my mouth!! Yesterday in the middle of a very quiet staff room I was going to say that I couldn't believe that it is July next week but out came ' I can't believe it's going to be September next week' to which everyone turned to look at me as if I were mad lol. I am always coming out with something silly, keep blaming meno but could be just old age setting in lol. Does anyone else on here have this problem or something similar?

Ju Ju

Re: Thinking one thing saying something different!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 07:11:55 AM »

Yes and I lose words, sometimes stopping mid sentence searching for alternative words. Very embarrassing. The word comes back to me when it no longer matters! :-\

Scampi

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 10:46:16 AM »

It's something I've suffered from since I had ME 20-odd years ago - it rears it's head when I'm tired or under the weather.  Very frustrating, and makes you feel a real fool.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 12:17:51 PM »

Oh yes, me too. I can have something in my head, thought out fairly intelligently, but by the time it comes to the spoken word, well....... Words get muddled, say about 8 words when 2 would have done. I come across as some thick old wifie!  ;D Old maybe, but not as thick as I sound.

ellie

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 12:39:11 PM »

Yes, know the feeling too.....I say things to DH like..' Can you just get me the  thingy from the kitchen etc:
Mmmm thingy is a very useful word   ;D

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 01:30:15 PM »

It's not just a female thing! Husband has just said, " I've pinged your hingy!" Before you get too excited, I'll translate. ' The washing machine has finished the washing program and to stop it making that irritating noise, I have switched it off.'  ;D

Aethelede

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 01:38:10 PM »

Ju Ju, I liked your husband's version better!  ;D

Sweetlittlemaiden

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 04:39:17 PM »

So glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has this problem lol. This menopause thing has a lot to answer for... Although it can be useful sometimes too when I am having a blonde moment lol

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 04:47:05 PM »

We have lots of 'blond' or 'senior' moment topics on here ........  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 05:00:57 PM »

Hubby just had one of those moments. Asked if I was making a Chicken Tikka thingy for tea. Indeed I was & very nice it was too, for a thingy.  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 07:42:25 PM »

;D ...... any thingy left over?

<hands plate in your direction>

We have lots of widgets and thingies in this house and as for that thing that changes over the TV channels, it doesn't work the phone tha' knows  ;D even when held to my ear .........  ::)

mazzy

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 10:26:43 PM »

In my house the word is oogiboo, it applies to a lot of things.  To my grown up childrens annoyance I have problems with their names too.  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 07:16:47 AM »

Thingy all gobbled up CLKD.  ;D

As for remote control. Son, who was jet lagged, tried to answer phone with TV remote. Duh!

Milamam

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 10:32:10 AM »

I had to call today to the cell phone provider to increase my calls limit, and when asked, I don't know why I said my maiden name rather than my current   :-X Been married for 13 years now, should remember what my name is........

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 12:16:56 PM »

Happens all the time ::)  Sometimes I just give in and describe it instead - "can you get the butter out of the big white cold thing in the kitchen" ;D
Pages: [1] 2