Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Not coping at all today  (Read 6625 times)

nelliedee

Not coping at all today
« on: June 07, 2014, 02:11:09 PM »

Where does this black black mood come from  :( Been trundling along and then wham I feel like i am carrying a boulder on my shoulders. Housework has hit skid row and I mean really, what is the point. I look like crap and feel like crap. I look at all the smiley faced people either online or out in the street and I think, '' is your life really that happy'' cos today mine seems pointless. This is a dark dark place and I hate it.
In a weeks time I will feel brighter and I sometimes wonder if I have bi-polar as the mood swings are so extreme but hay ho its just the menopause  >:(
Sorry for the doom girls but you are the only people that understand

Js

Re: Not coping at all today
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 02:23:19 PM »

Hi everyone's mum. Love the name. By the way

Yes I can relate to your mood swings I am on hrt and people say it could be the progesterone in it that can cause the bad mood swings but if your not taking hrt then is there a reason for your mood swings if you are happy normally and nothing in your life that could be related to the moods then may be its depression and then maybe the doctors might be able to help I don't like the thought of taking anti  depression tablets unless it's really necessary but try to talk to them about the way you feel I can be fine one minute then think no one likes me the next and feel I don't want to go on and feel  everyone is against me I don't drink so I can't drown my sorrows I just have another cup of tea 

Hope you feel better soon and sure someone else will be along to cheer you up too :)

Js

Mad dog!

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 02:57:56 PM »

hi everyones mum...I can relate to your black mood...I have had it for some months now, and have started HRT (1 month in) I also take anti depressants (3 weeks in). There are many supportive ladies on this site that seem to have experienced most symptoms, and have lots of advice to share. Joy is right though, best to talk to your doctor about your moods, s/he should be able to offer several different options for you to...at least have a think about or maybe research.
My mood has started to lift, (I 'was' having suicidal thoughts) but if my sleep pattern changes (which is has done constantly for the past 2 months) I fell very low and extremely sad/isolated the next day. hormones eh...oh to be a man!  ;) xx

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 03:57:23 PM »

Hello everyones mum.

I can completely relate to your post as my moods seem to change like the weather. I felt okay this morning but at lunch time I felt the terrible irritability creep over me and there it has stayed. There is no rational reason, no trigger as such and I swear I can feel these changes occur on a chemical level.
Your comment about other people rang a bell and I also wondered if I was bi-polar at times but in fact I'm sure it is hormonal.   

I have been using Evorel patches and Utrogestan since January and my moods are less extreme so HRT is helping.

If I knew the answer I'd bottle it and make a fortune in the meantime I offer you my sympathies, you are not alone and as you pointed out even the horrible feelings do pass sooner or later.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 04:40:25 PM »

Keep a food and mood diary for 3 months?  that will give you a guide as to which part of the HRT you are in as well as telling you how your food/mood compares.

If moods are making you feel suicidal it's important to get treatment.  We should not blame meno for everything, it is unlikely that at this age we will develop bi-polar (manic depression) but constant suicidal thoughts can be self perpetuating …...

Mrs January

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 11:06:07 PM »

Hi everyone's mum

Thanks for coming to this site and seeking help lovely.

Seek comfort of your friends and family too, sod the housework it will still be there to complete. Do things that make you feel good and happy and take one day at a time.

Lotsa Hugs

Mrs January xxxx

groundhog

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 11:54:30 PM »

Hi everyone's mum - don't feel alone.  This forum is great to download or chat and everyone is so supportive.  I have terrible mood swings - I'm on anti dep but ATM see no improvement.  Today I have gone from ok to happy to depressed to ok to annoyed to indifferent to mad to well just couldn't care less.  Is it hormonal or depression - who knows.  All I know is it's wearing and tiring.  I can't take HRT cos of medical problems.  You have my sympathy - the black cloak of downness is very heavy :(

nelliedee

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 06:53:46 AM »

Hi girls
Thanks for your replies  :)
I havent felt as low as yesterday in over 2 years, when i had my peri meltdown. I cant take hrt, wish I could  :( and i cant take AD'S as I tend to react to them so for the past 2 yrs I have managed this rollercoaster alone and I have managed it well, up until yesterday. I do have extra pressures at home which makes my meno journey more likely to be a rocky one. Think I am having panic attacks again as I have not been depressed, in fact I have been quite happy for a while so its back to the drawing board on that one. Have stopped walking in the last few months so that has probably contributed, will start walking again today. My sleep has been super !!! So maybe my hormones are really dipping and are at odds with each other.
I do think the sun helps us, skipping meals adds to the problems
Somedays I feel this irritation creep over me (sure it is anxiety) and I usually get up and do some housework which helps. I also eat lots of Bananas
Thanks for being there yesterday as it was truly comforting

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 07:01:12 AM »

If you don't take HRT then how about St John's Wort. I use it and it does help quite a bit. Also a good B vitamin.
There are alternatives that can make a difference.

Honeyb
x

legojayne

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 09:11:34 AM »

Hi
I definitely think the sun helps. I like it warm and sunny but I don't like it too hot as it makes me feel sick. I find that if I don't sleep very well then I am in for a bad day as the anxiety and panic always seems worse. I have managed to get out the last few days which is an improvement for me. Try and look forward to something nice as it sometimes helps me.
legojayne

nelliedee

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 09:23:23 AM »

Thanks Honeybun
I had noticed my pmt has changed this year and the tension/irritabily had disappeared and has been replaced with tearfulness but I am noticing anxiety/tension at the day 14 mark (which I am today). I am still having periods every 26-28 days which are full of clots and have been for 10 years but the pattern and duration of my periods has been changing for the past 2 years. I take metatone tonic when I am bleeding as it is packed with B vits and definately helps me feel stronger. I have been having day and night hot flushes for 2 years. Daytime ones are manageable as I just take a layer of clothing off and then get chilled so put it back on again  ::) Night time ones are also manageable, i wake up with wet hair but I cope as its not every night.
I do try and practice progressive relaxation which helps although I havent lately.
I eat alot better than I did 2 years ago and i do try to not skip meals, which helps
Feeling so much better today  :) 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 01:49:29 PM »

that's good but don't do too much - allow your energy levels to stabilise  ;)

PaulineW

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 08:10:05 PM »

Hi I'm new to this forum yes I understand how you feel I have good and bad days anxiety especially  ;D hope things get easier for you take care xx

Mad dog!

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 09:17:16 AM »

Wow what a wonderful plethora of supportive comments and advice.  8)
Since taking HRT for a month now (elleste duet 1mg) I have found a difference in my sleeping pattern, I had to take sleeping tabs before, & have just had a whole week of natural sleep - albeit only 6 hours, but some nights even unbroken!! ;D
....as Honeybun suggested St Johns Wort - it seems to work for a lot of others I have spoken to that couldn't take Anti Ds.
Welcome to PaulineW - this forum is such a positive, encouraging place to both share and give/gain advice to others, whilst making you feel like you're not alone with all these emotional & physical feelings occurring all at once! Thanks to everyone that chooses to write on here  ;)

Rowan

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 09:42:13 AM »

Rhodiola rosea is another supplement for stress and anxiety, it was given to Russian astronauts.

http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-rhodiola.html