Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: hot sweats  (Read 3692 times)

doradora

hot sweats
« on: June 04, 2014, 02:37:15 PM »

I have started with the menopause andi am getting  hot sweats. i get  them day and night. I can have them at least evey 2 to 3 hours, lasting around 3 minuites  Is this normal ? 

Joyce

Re: hot sweats
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 03:29:35 PM »

:welcomemm:

Very normal.

doradora

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 03:43:36 PM »

Thanks. I was getting quite worried.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 05:02:58 PM »

Yep - quite normal. Mine started like that and it's quite a surprise isn't it when you can almost predict when the next one will be. Mine were about one an hour for a couple of years and then suddenly increased to every twenty minutes. That was when I went onto HRT! It's also normal to feel slightly queasy and have an increased heart rate and a feeling of doom just before one hits - followed by a few minutes of exhaustion afterwards. I used to take in a change of clothes to work with me to cope with all the damp patches  ;D

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Js

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 05:23:40 PM »

Doradora

Yes the hot flush/sweats are more of a nuisance really especially at night when it keeps you awake but hrt will help it did with me but there are other things on the market for the flushes but again it's what  suits you and doesn't work for everyone

Good luck

Js

Dalhousie

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 06:24:34 PM »

Are Red Clover and Black Cohosh the 2 main herbal remedies for hot flashes.  I have been using the red clover but it's become less effective over time & thought about trying the black cohosh.

Shazzie

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 01:06:42 PM »

Hiya

Yep quite normal.  Sometimes they come with palpitations or a racing heart so don't panic if this happens.  Just breath through it. 

We all seem to suffer from these horrible hot flushes.  They can happen any time or any where.

Shazzie xx

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 05:00:12 PM »

Hi doradora

:welcomemm:

Have you thought of HRT, especially if your periods are irregular? If you are under 51-2 it is recommended to take HRT to protect your bones and there are other long term health benefits, as well as controlling the unpleasant symptoms.

Hurdity x