Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Beauty tips  (Read 19330 times)

dulciana

Beauty tips
« on: May 30, 2014, 11:06:44 AM »

Well, a beauty-related tip!  I couldn't find cotton-wool pads in the chemist's the other day, so I had to content myself with bulky cotton-wool balls. Pity, because I like to dampen the pads before I put cleanser on them.   However, next morning, I prised a cotton-wool ball slightly apart, pulling gently from each end and slightly further in, dampened it and then applied my usual cleanser.  Hey presto, one cotton-wool pad!  I was going to go out and buy pads and chuck the balls away, so it saved me money.

Anyone else got any beauty (or beauty-related) tips? 

D.   :)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 05:54:15 PM by dulciana »

dulciana

Re: Beauty tips
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 07:13:25 PM »

Nobody? :-\

ellie

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 07:58:07 PM »

When My mascara has run out, I wash the brush and use it to brush my eyebrows after using eyebrow pencil.

dulciana

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 08:03:10 PM »

That's a good idea! :)

littleminnie

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 08:40:40 PM »

If you have a few grey roots coming through, use mascara on them before you go out. (Only works if you have brown/black hair though). 

ariadne

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 09:15:51 PM »

If you colour your own hair at home and end up throwing a lot away when retouching the roots, just mix up half the developer and half the cream colour from the tube. That way you can buy one pack and retouch the roots twice.

Ariadne xx

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 09:22:41 PM »

For rough and dry dirty gardening hands.

Put a spoonful of sugar in the palm of your hand with a glug of olive oil and rub it in. Wash off with warm water and mild soap.

It's the best treatment for garden hands that I know.

Honeyb
x

Wombat

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 09:59:34 PM »

Don't spend a lot of money on moisturiser ..anything that makes your skin feel comfortable is fine.

I have been known to use hand cream when I run out ! ;)

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 10:01:26 PM »

The face cream they have in Aldis is very good and a fraction of the price of other stuff.

Honeyb
x

Wombat

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 10:05:26 PM »

Thanks Honeyb ..will try it

Wombat x

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 10:17:08 PM »

I use the stuff for mature skin. It's not heavy or greasy and I think it's less than £3.

Got some good reviews too.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 10:57:41 PM »

Oh good thread. Shows me how little time I take on my skin, too busy checking for chin hairs etc.  ::)

I usually buy 'own brand' stuff rather than the expensive items.  Bubbles are bubbles ………  ::) and use hand cream for all over if ruff parts of my heels for example require a little attention.

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 07:17:35 AM »

Cleanse, tone, moisturise. Golden rules if you don't want poor skin. Products don't have to be expensive to do the job.

I use a mixed range of stuff but my one big treat is a good foundation. Costs a lot but lasts for months. Got one at Xmas that is just starting to run out now.

Honeyb
x

littleminnie

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 09:23:18 AM »

Can I ask which one it is Honeybun, I never know which one to buy.

Rowan

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 10:23:38 AM »

Best thing I have found for skin is dry body brushing, it firms and smoothers  skin so that it feels like silk, gently buffering facial skin brightens and tightens too.

I have also seen the backs of my hands very much improved too. 

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/02/24/dry-skin-brushing.aspx

I do it before a bath using Johnsons baby Soothing Naturals Moisture Rich Bath, afterwards I use baby oils or virgin coconut oil all over, believe me it really pays.

My friend told me the other day that the skin on my face was a smooth as a baby's bottom ;D, I only use original LOTIL skin cream on my face but I love lots of different face masks that I usually make up myself, when I am making my potions, sometimes I leave them on over night or for a couple of hours.

I don't like the skin creams and serums that are advertised to me they are just hype and make your face sticky and shiny, cheaper skin creams from ALDI work just as well as creams sold in independent health shops too. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6